compensation: Commensurate with Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
What we are looking for –
We are excited to announce a unique career opportunity for the right individual. We are looking to add a STAR Portfolio Administrator to our dynamic and growing Investment Operations Team. The Portfolio Administrator works directly with our Wealth Managers in implementing and maintaining client portfolios and responding to client needs and requests.
The unique opportunity will be that, after working on our Investment Operations team for 24-30 months, the right individual will have the opportunity to transition onto our Wealth Management team. This will be an ideal opportunity for a person who may be looking to be a Wealth Manager/Advisor in the future and needs to gain experience and seasoning in the industry first.
Both the Portfolio Administrator and Wealth Management positions will have significant direct contact with our clients and both positions require superb and highly polished client service skills.
As a Portfolio Administrator, you will –
• Respond to a high volume of requests from clients and Wealth Managers in a TIMELY AND PROFESSIONAL manner.
• Establish appropriate accounts for new and existing clients and process account/asset transfers from various custodians.
• Generate and review quarterly performance reports, tax reports, and investment management fee bills, ensuring timely processing of each.
• Recommend trades in client portfolios for the Wealth Manager’s review and approval.
As an eventual Wealth Management team member, you will -
• Participate in internal strategy discussions for clients.
• Assist with the coordination and integration of projects and analyses done by the various groups.
• Gather tax information for preparation of clients’ tax returns by the clients’ CPAs.
• Gather financial information and prepare net worth, cash flow, investment planning, insurance summaries and investment and other tools for use in wealth planning engagements.
• Prepare long-term capital sufficiency analyses based on personal financial goals, current financial data, tax rates, and inflation and investment assumptions.
You are –
• An EXCELLENT communicator (you can write, you can talk, you can make your needs and the needs of our clients understood clearly and professionally)
• HIGHLY organized
• HIGHLY PROFICIENT in Word and Excel. (If you have knowledge of and/or experience with Tamarac AdvisorView, Salesforce and iRebal – we’ll like you even more!)
• EXTREMELY detail oriented, with a high degree of accuracy (you LIVE for the details!)
• A TEAM PLAYER who will mentor and help others on your team
We want –
• Someone who appreciates the art of GREAT CLIENT SERVICE!
• Minimum of three years of experience working in financial services and/or investment management. Prior experience at a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) firm is especially helpful.
• Bachelor’s Degree is required. Prefer business, finance, economics, accounting and/or experience in a related field.
• CFP® preferred or demonstrated progress toward acquiring the CFP®, i.e., ongoing plan for completion of required coursework and taking the CFP® exam.
Time spent working in Aspiriant's Investment Operations Department counts towards CFP certification hours.
• Basic understanding of comprehensive personal financial planning such as retirement planning, employee benefits, insurance, investment vehicles, asset allocation, estate planning techniques, income taxation, and executive compensation.
• Familiarity with investments, including concepts of portfolio design and diversification.
• WINNING personality!
We offer –
• Collaborative fun environment
• Commuter benefit up to $265 monthly
• Generous 401(k) match
• Individual and cash profit sharing bonuses
• Generous company contribution to medical benefits
• Summer ‘Give Back to the Community’ outings
• Catered weekly lunch and healthy snacks
• Paid firm retreats
We are –
ASPIRIANT THE LEADING INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT FIRM.
We recognize, respect and value the contributions of each employee, and we strive to cultivate a work environment that strikes an agreeable balance between our professional and personal lives.
Our core values guide us to seek out a broad range of perspectives, talent, and backgrounds to achieve our mission; one where all staff contribute to and share our success. Aspiriant is committed to diversity, and as an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position.
Applicants should go to www.aspiriant.com, select the ‘Careers’ link in the footer search for open positions in San Francisco. From there attach a cover letter and resume for consideration.
Aspiriant is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is in compliance with San Francisco’s “Fair Chance Ordinance” (FCO).
Aspiriant is a Registered Investment Adviser, subject to SEC regulation, and requires all employees (and at times, family members) to disclose securities holding and transactions. There are also restrictions on trading certain securities. Candidates are encouraged to request further information regarding these policies.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers