compensation: $20--$25/hour depending on experience employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
La Cocina ("The Kitchen") is a nonprofit, full-service, shared use commercial kitchen (4400 Sq. feet) and business incubator. The goal of La Cocina is to assist low-income entrepreneurs, primarily women, immigrants and people from communities of color, in becoming economically self-sufficient by providing: (1) a fully approved and equipped commercial kitchen they can use for the development and ongoing preparation of their business; (2) professional food industry technical assistance designed to improve their business operations, market penetration, profit, economic scale and sustainability; (3) access to new markets and (4) access to capital.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The AR/AP Bookkeeper is a part time hourly position with approximately 20--30 hrs/week. It is an at-will position, supports the Office Manager and reports to the Operations Manager.
● The position works off-site, remotely with a twice-weekly office presence for AP/AR material collection, checks and deposit processing.
● Support La Cocina's Office Manager with timely payment of bills, billing of clients, and AR management
● Maintain consistent reconciliation records for La Cocina
Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
● AR AP data input, processing of checks and invoices in a timely manner
● Reconciliation of checks and balances of banks, transaction portals and sales systems
● Classifies expenses to accounts according to cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
● Pays vendors on time, verifies and collects federal id numbers and updates profiles; schedules and prepares checks; resolves purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insures credit is received for outstanding memos; issues stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
● Maintains and tracks accounts receivables and manages open balances with customers
● Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
● Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
● Maintains historical records by filing documents.
● Manages petty cash account by recording entries and verifying documentation.
● Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
● Support Office Manager in audit preparation with financial reports and other deliverables
● Builds reports for financial analysis and budgeting process
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
● Strong Bookkeeping and Accounting experience, certification preferred
● Quickbooks proficiency
● Ability to analyze financial reporting and build useful reports for company analysis
● Monitoring Budget and Tracking Expenses
● Thoroughness and detail oriented
● Understanding of sales tax reporting
● Ability to communicate directly with current accounting firm to ensure data accuracy and timely reporting.
The ideal candidate needs to meet the following requirements:
● Non-Profit experience a plus, but not required.
● Ability to communicate professionally with donors.
● Spanish speaking preferred, but not required.
● Highly organized with excellent time management skills.
● Ability to speak passionately and articulately about our mission.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers