compensation: Annual base salary, plus annual incentive. Medical, dental, vision and flexible spending benefits; a 401k-retirement plan with a 4% match; and group life insurance. employment type: full-time
Ecology Action is seeking a Strategic Account Salesperson to join our team. Our team provides innovative full-suite energy project management services directly to large commercial portfolios. This product offering helps large organizations achieve their energy efficiency goals via turnkey project implementation support. We have spent the last two years proving out this channel and we are now looking to scale it. This new Strategic Account Salesperson would be responsible for growing this new sales channel and for national account development outside of the existing utility contracts we manage. The right candidate will have mix of experience in energy and major accounts and is excited about the opportunity to scale this offering.
This position is flexible on candidate location and can be remote or based out of any of our offices but will require semi-regular visits to our Santa Cruz Headquarters. This position will require a significant amount of time conducting sales activities outside of the office.
• Continuous prospecting in order to generate consistent new business using various methods, including but not limited to:
o Attending, tabling, and speaking at conferences and network events.
o Expand into new opportunity through a network of new and existing relationships
o Network with industry peers across the US to expand opportunity reach.
o Using trade group and networking web site for business development Attending, tabling, and speaking at conferences and network events.
• Analyze account and territory business to identify opportunities, objectives and action plan for new business.
• Analyze and prioritize potential utility cost savings across large commercial portfolios.
• Maps the key influencers and decision makers in the organization. Understand and articulate key buying indicators and make scaling decisions based on those indicators.
• Design and deliver clear, concise and comprehensive roadmap to energy efficiency savings to decision makers at multiple levels.
• Work closely with senior project managers to hand off the energy efficiency project implementation after a large account is secured.
• Research and gather strategic account information, such as: Buying criteria - budget, funding sources, preferred financial analysis methodology.
• Update Salesforce CRM.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
The idea candidate will have a proven track record of hunting, prospecting, and securing large strategic accounts. Specifically, we are seeking a salesperson with:
• 4 to 6 years of strategic account level sales experience or 8+ years of equivalent sales experience.
• Proven experience selling energy savings measures based on Net Present Value, Internal Rate of Return, and other financial metrics.
• Experience researching and gathering strategic account information, such as buying criteria, project funding sources, portfolio details, preferred measures and brand standards, history of energy efficiency project implementation, and corporate goals and reporting requirements.
• Experience building highly consultative customer relationships over time.
• Demonstrated strong communication, written, and formal presentation skills with strategic accounts. Including, a history of developing relationships with and facilitating conversations about funding large scale projects with C-Suite level clients.
• Self-motivated, pro-active, results-oriented professional with an ability to work with minimal direction.
• Proficient in MS office products: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• 7+ years of strategic account level sales experience or 10+ years of equivalent sales experience.
• 5+ years proven experience in selling energy efficiency, energy storage, solar, and other related fields.
• Education Level: Bachelor's Degree.
• Experience with Salesforce.com or equivalent CRM.
• Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
• Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
• Previous staff supervisor experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk and hear, and use a computer keyboard and monitor.
Work Environment: The work environment is an office setting with travel.
The compensation for this position consists of a competitive annual base salary and an additional annual incentive paid monthly. Ecology Action also offers a generous benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision and flexible spending benefits; a 401k-retirement plan with a 4% match; and group life insurance. Driving an insured personal vehicle on company business is required, and mileage reimbursement is provided at the Federal rate.
More About Us
Ecology Action is passionately driven to empower individuals, businesses, and communities to take actions today that achieve environmental and economic sustainability. We are an established and trusted non-profit organization delivering high quality environmental programs for over 45 years, with offices in the South Bay, Sacramento and Santa Cruz. Selected in 2013 to receive California's prestigious Governor's Environmental & Economic Leadership Award for the second time, we are one of the most experienced and successful implementers of deep energy retrofit programs for commercial utility customers in California. With a proven history of delivering verifiable savings to partners, we currently implement more than $40M in energy efficiency program contract statewide.
Ecology Action is an award-winning non-profit consultancy that provides innovative solutions to the energy, water, and transportation challenges of cities, governments, and utilities across California. We have four decades of experience helping people make simple yet profound changes that have big environmental impact. We believe that when individuals and businesses make simple changes in their behavior they drive large scale changes that benefit people and the planet. This translates into reduced carbon emissions, stronger businesses, healthier communities and a sustainable future for all. Together, we help people, businesses and communities act now.
Ecology Action believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success and should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. This position description outlines primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but is not intended to be a comprehensive description of job responsibilities. We expect each employee to offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Ecology Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in its workforce. Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as an employee for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Ecology Action does not offer a company paid relocation program.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers