compensation: fee for service employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Title: Clinical Therapist
Locations: (CA) Santa Cruz & San Jose
Join this dynamic treatment and management program on the front lines with the mission of increasing community safety and no more victimization. You will be part of a team that teaches you how to reduce the risk from offenders and prevent further victimization. It is a challenging but greatly rewarding career opportunity.
Our experienced agency will train and certify a qualified candidate to work in this specialized field to provide risk-reducing treatment interventions with court-ordered clients.
• Obtain and maintain current Treatment Provider Certification through California Sex Offender Management Board. CPC will provide training for certification.
• Conduct assessment and treatment services of sex offenders in the community setting;
• Complete required assessments on clients assigned to caseload, including but not limited to actuarial and dynamic risk assessment, sexual interests, personality measures, cognitive and achievement tests;
• Take primary responsibility in developing ongoing treatment plans to progress clients through the program;
• Develop treatment objectives and interventions, tailored to client’s dynamic risk factors and strengths;
• Facilitate Psycho-educational and Process therapy groups, provide individual psychotherapy that is consistent with cognitive behavioral principles;
• Participate in regular Containment Team Meetings with our criminal justice partners;
• Attend trainings on conducting treatment according to CPC’s program guidelines;
• Review documentation and meet with clients to review work and manage customer relations;
• Work closely and keep a good working relationship with Probation and Parole;
• Work in an independent setting with strong organizational skills and rigorous attention to detail;
• Follow agency protocols and participate in regularly scheduled training/supervision calls with CPC Clinical Supervision Staff;
• Maintain commitment to professional development;
• Adhere to professional and confidentiality requirements in handling client records;
• Maintain appropriate documentation;
• Maintains and promotes a collaborative attitude in all internal and external relationships.
• Master’s Degree or higher;
• Two years of relevant professional experience;
• California State Licensed;
• Sex Offender Treatment Provider Certification through the California Sex Offender Management Board (CASOMB);
• Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Understand risk management;
• CBT, DBT and motivational interviewing experience a plus;
• Experience providing Sex Offender Treatment, DV or Substance Abuse Treatment to adults or adolescents;
• Clinical outpatient treatment experience and substantial focus on group facilitation;
• CCOSO or ATSA membership preferred.
• Spanish Speaking Required
The Counseling and Psychotherapy Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and provide a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers