Established private Optometry Practice is seeking a customer-service oriented, Optometric assistant to become a part of our team. We are looking to hire an Optician who is personable, ambitious and has an excellent work ethic to assist doctors in a growing practice. Office hours are 8:30-5:30 Monday - Friday.
MUST HAVE SALES EXPERIENCE A background working in an optical store , optometrist's office or ophthalmology office is a plus. One year of optical experience preferred, full-time opening. MUST BE FLUENT IN SPANISH.
The ideal candidate has the following characteristics:
• Excellent communication skills with both doctors and patients
• Excellent organizational skills, detail-orientation
• Honesty, maturity, and professionalism
• Drive and motivation
• Punctuality and very reliable work attendance
• Eye for fashion
• Must have multi-tasking ability
• Technical ability and computer skills
• Problem solving capability
• Must be fluent in Spanish
Duties Include but are not limited to:
• Greeting patients/customers and managing their flow through the office.
• Helps patients select frames by offering commentary on styles, colors, coordinating frames with facial and eye measurements and optical prescriptions.
• Adjusting and repairing patient frames, eyeglass inspection, dispensing
• Educate patients in latest lens technology
• Authorizing and billing insurance claims
• Calculate insurance co-pay on insurance eligibility
• Maintaining accurate inventory, managing displays and general appearance of practice, and minimizing theft
• Assist eye doctor and other supporting staff
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers