compensation: $12-15/hr depending on experience employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
DNA’s Comedy Lab & Experimental Theatre is a performing arts venue and community event space in downtown Santa Cruz, featuring stand-up, sketch, & improv comedy, film screenings, theatrical performance, and other events. Located in the former Riverfront Twin cinema, “The Lab” features two theatres, wine, beer & food, and a new place to build community through laughter.
The Kitchen Services Representatives (“KP Reps”) at DNA’s Comedy Lab & Experimental Theatre fill multiple roles and provide extraordinary kitchen services to ensure all customers have an outstanding experience. The Kitchen Services Representative is a part-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Theatre Manager. Each KP Lab Rep is hired for their ability to be cross-trained in multiple kitchen areas, although some KP Reps may specialize in a single area, including Kitchen Prep and Kitchen Runner. KP Reps are part of the full team of employees, collectively referred to as “Lab Reps.”
When working in the area of “Kitchen Prep,” KP Reps will:
* Learn POS or food ordering system to receive and prepare hot food and cold food orders with accuracy and efficiency.
* Open prepackaged food items and use kitchen equipment to prepare, keep warm, and distribute.
* Weigh or measure ingredients, as applicable.
* Mix ingredients and prepare or replenish condiments as needed.
* Store food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage.
* Take and record temperatures of food and storage areas; ensure proper food service temperature.
When working in the area of “Kitchen Runner,” KP Reps will:
* Assist with all duties of the Kitchen Prep.
* Serve as liaison between back of house kitchen (KP Reps) and front of house concessions/lobby (Lab Reps) with some minimal customer interface as well.
* Keep all back of house (kitchen) and front of house (concessions) stocked before, during, and after events, including but not limited to: nonperishable foods, popcorn, dry goods, beverage cups, straws, ice, food trays and serving cups, napkins, condiments.
* Initiate popcorn and slushie machines at start of shift and monitor/refresh throughout.
* Monitor and change kegs, beverage stock, and CO2 as needed before, during, or after events.
* Place hot trays and cold food items in customer pick up area when ready.
* Assist with lobby cleanliness and bussing tables.
* Monitor and empty kitchen waste bins, lobby trash and recycling, and theatre receptacles.
* Must be able to work nights and weekends, primarily Wed-Sat approx. 5:30-11 (approx. 10-20hr/wk)
* Experience in a restaurant, concessions, or catering environment.
* Enjoy working with people; energetic, polite, and positive demeanor.
* Ability to adhere to company grooming guidelines, dress code, and ability to present a professional appearance.
* Punctual with the ability to adhere to scheduled shifts.
* Ability to read and interpret documents like training materials, schedules, operating instructions, and food/beverage or inventory orders.
* Computer literate (Windows, Microsoft Office, Macintosh/iOS, POS software, Internet) with the ability to learn and train others in the use of new technologies.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
* Conditional employment offers pending successful completion of required certifications/trainings.
* Must be 21-years-old and over due to serving alcohol.
* Experience in a special event-related food service environment.
* Certification in CPR and first aid.
* Experience with PC and Mac operating systems and Square point of sale software.
* Food handlers certification (must obtain upon hire if not currently valid).
* Alcohol server training required upon hire.
* This position requires the employee to occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl.
* This position requires the employee to frequently lift and/or carry up to 60 pounds with or without assistance for short distances.
* This position requires the employee to bend, lift and reach repeatedly.
* This position requires the employee to stand for extended periods of time (up to 8 hours).
* This position requires the employee to express information verbally and in writing.
* This position requires the employee to be able to hear.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
* This position requires the employee to be able to grasp objects, pick up objects and hold objects.
* This position requires the employee to work primarily indoors and outdoors occasionally.
General Responsibilities, Requirements, and Teamwork of all KP Reps:
* Be knowledgeable of the products we sell, the ingredients and preparation methods, and be able to suggest menu items for various specialized diets such as vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free.
* Clean and sanitize work areas, wash dishes and utensils, and clean/maintain kitchen equipment.
* Maintain regular, punctual attendance for all scheduled shifts to ensure performance of job duties and to meet the expectations of the position.
* Provide inventory receiving, stocking, and ordering when applicable or assigned.
* Retrieve, store, organize, and maintain kitchen equipment, concessions, and dry goods/storage areas.
* Demonstrate a courteous and professional manner.
* Adhere to all Lab policies and legal requirements for safe food handling and beverage service.
* Immediately report unsafe conditions to a manager.
* In the event of an emergency, assist with all necessary crisis management and procedures to ensure staff and customer safety.
* Comply with all of DNA’s Comedy Lab & Experimental Theatre policies and procedures.
DNA’s Comedy Lab & Experimental Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers