ClustrixDB was built from the ground up to be a scalable distributed scalable database with a simple SQL interface and all the guarantees of a relational ACID database. To test that database, the Clustrix QA team has built a robust, distributed, scalable test and automation infrastructure to match.
We are looking for SDETs to design and build bigger, better, and more brutal tests and tools to validate the functional correctness, performance, and reliability of our software. You will work on challenging problems that ensure our products are the fastest and easiest to use and reliably scale to the maximum while also taking the QA infrastructure to the next level.
* Analyzing a complex software system and design strategies to test this system.
* Developing comprehensive test plans for product features or subsystems, including verification of functionality, performance, negative/failure, etc.
* Creating complex and powerful tools and automated test cases, predominantly in python, leveraging and extending our home-built test framework to maximize code reuse and collaboration.
* Reproducing bugs based on reports and descriptions.
Train and mentor other team members.
This position is based out of our San Francisco headquarters or our engineering office in downtown San Jose.
* 10+ years of software engineering or test experience, preferably with enterprise software products and/or appliances.
* Experience with relational databases and/or distributed computing systems
* Excellent programming and scripting skills, preferably in python
* Highly proficient in a Linux or Unix environment, especially as a Linux System Administrator.
An ideal candidate will also have previous experience as a DBA.
Here are some things that make Clustrix a great place to work:
1. Our team is small, so you get to own significant projects and contribute in a big way to the product.
2. We have a lot of interesting problems to work on, in a variety of areas.
3. Our customers love us. We help them do things they could never do with their legacy SQL databases.
4. We are passionate about making our software work better and faster.