Founded in 1973, Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. is a leading US-owned security company, providing integrated security solutions to government and commercial customers on four continents. Inter-Con remains under family ownership and control and operates as the industry leader in the field of customized, high-requirement security solutions. Inter-Con employs over 25,000 security officer personnel world-wide, trained and managed by a team of professionals with unsurpassed military, law enforcement, and security experience.
Inter-Con is Everywhere Security Matters.
Why Work at Inter-Con?
Passion: Inter-Con is a thriving company that is passionate about its products and people. Joining the Inter-Con family is an opportunity for growth and career advancement in an environment that truly cares for its employees. By joining the Inter-Con family, you’re working with the best to build a safer future.
People: Inter-Con is more than a company, it’s an alumni base. We believe in positioning the right people in the right place to help them achieve their long-term aspirations for career growth. We have transitioned thousands of security officers into successful careers in law enforcement, government services, foreign affairs and many more. Your career success drives our success.
Benefits: Inter-Con offers excellent full-time and part-time benefits that include: flexible scheduling to accommodate lifestyle commitments, vacation, sick leave, medical, dental, sponsorship for Top Secret Clearance, comprehensive training, discounts on higher education and much more.
Partner with us to begin a journey that begins with a commitment and leads to a career of a lifetime. Stand out. Be proud. Be Inter-Con!
At Inter-Con we take pride in providing customized security solutions for our clients. To us, that means the right officer in the right place and at the right time. In many cases our clients desire a softer security plan that meets their values and needs, but where high value people and assets are involved, others may prefer a more obvious security presence. As an Armed Security Officer, you will be part of a highly trained security team that supports critical facilities and infrastructure, public venues that required an enhanced presence and personal protective services. You’ll be trained by our team of highly qualified firearms instructors in safe weapons handling and marksmanship. As an Armed Security Officer, you are an integral part of the broad spectrum of specialized security services Inter-Con provides its clients every day.
Specific benefits include:
Recognition and Reward Programs.
Training and Career Development.
Opportunities for Medical, dental, Holidays, vacation and sick, and 401 (k) retirement plan.
Uniform and equipment provided
Additional benefits vary depending on position.
• Acts as the steward for all general security control room operations.
• Directly supports security access control and visitor management for internal and external customer relations.
• Issues all personnel badges for the client site(s) using the client supported badging interface programs.
• Maintains accountability for badge distribution and collection, and perform badge checks to ensure the access to Controlled Areas are restricted to only those authorized personnel and visitors.
• Maintain and reconcile visitor badge inventories, and maintain accountability of all access-controlled cards.
• Work closely with Site Supervisor, and/or Account Manager, to maintain equipment logs, inventory, and general upkeep.
• As directed, perform article inspections as they enter or leave the controlled areas as enforce asset protection and control policies.
• Maintain a professional appearance and work area at all time.
• Speak, read, and write English
• Must be age 18 or older
• Shall possess a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalency; however, possession of a college degree is highly desirable.
• Must be of high integrity and possess exemplary security skills and judgment.
• Must possess above average computer skills and must hold all necessary and required licenses, permits and certifications required by the of assignment to perform security officer duties.
• Pass an extensive background Check
• Pass a physical exam
• Pass a 5-panel drug test
• Able to perform all duties without regard to any physical limitations that would preclude full performance of duty
Inter-Con is passionate about hiring veterans. In fact, we’ve hired thousands of veterans over the years and plan to keep hiring as many as we can. If you are veteran in search of a rewarding career among a team that holds an affinity for those who served as well as values your success and growth within our organization, please take a moment to review our website for all our extensive opportunities. Visit www.icsecurity.com/careers/.
Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. is an affirmative action employer who provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. License PPO# 6822
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers