Professional Security Consultants (PSC) is immediately seeking to hire full-time and part-time security officers at Eastridge Mall and Round 1 (also at the mall), located in San Jose, CA. Candidates must be highly driven, have remarkable customer service skills and be available to work weekends.
QR Code Link to This Post
If interested, please submit your resume to this ad and apply online at pscsite.com, or apply in person at the following location: Eastridge Mall - 2200 Eastridge Loop Suite #2062 - San Jose, CA 95122
- Security officers are expected to be observant and provide a visible deterrence to crime and disruptions.
- Officers assist guests, enforce rules and regulations, and ensure access control.
- The security officer's mission is to maintain a safe, secure and professional environment by interacting with the public, vendors, client's staff & other event support staff.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to the following):
- Enforce and comply with company policies, post orders and client instructions.
- Provide a visual deterrence by maintaining high visibility at all times.
- Conduct detailed observations of people and property within their area of responsibility.
- Provide detailed written reports of incidents that occur within their area of responsibility.
- Enforce rules and regulations of the venue at all times.
- Provide access control to authorized persons.
- Prevent theft of property.
- Conduct foot patrols or fulfill standing posts in their area of responsibility as directed.
- Verbally interact with other people within their area of responsibility.
- Contact their supervisor when a situation occurs outside of their training & knowledge.
- Contact law enforcement or emergency responders when appropriate.
- Must possess superior interpersonal skills and be willing and able to speak confidently and professionally in English with people or groups of people while representing the company and the client.
- Must be able to operate common communications equipment such as 2-way radios and cell phones.
- Must have exceptional written/oral communications, organizational and time management skills and be able to work alone or with groups of people for long periods of time both inside and outside.
- Possess a valid state Driver's License or ID.
- Must have or be able to successfully obtain a BSIS security guard card.
- At least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Clean-cut, polished, and very professional appearance.
- Effective communicator (verbal and written)
- Courteous, flexible and have professional attitude under pressure.
- Flexibility to work various hours and days.
- Remain free from illegal drug use.