compensation: Salary is commensurate with your education, experience, and skills. We offer excellent benefits. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Description: Blackmore Sensors and Analytics, Inc. seeks a FPGA firmware engineer to contribute to the full life-cycle of our LiDAR embedded systems development. The successful candidate will join a strong embedded systems team that works as part of a larger interdisciplinary design team to create world-class LiDAR systems.
• Developing high-speed real-time data capture and signal processing on modern FPGA hardware
• Optimizing the performance, efficiency, and scalability of current and future FPGA-based designs
• Developing embedded software to integrate programmable logic hardware interfaces
• B.S. or M.S. in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline
• Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) development experience including HDL code development, simulation, synthesis, and timing analysis
• Proficient in HDL languages such as VHDL or Verilog
• Embedded software development experience on bare-metal, real time operating system (RTOS), and Linux environments
• Proficient in either C or C++
• Expertise with vendor tool chains such as Xilinx Vivado, Intel Quartus, or comparable platforms for FPGA development
• Experience with standard embedded communication protocols such as I2C, SPI, UART, and CAN
• Proficient in version control systems such as git or apache subversion
• Experience using lab equipment to verify board functionality including power supplies, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers, digital multimeters, and function generators
• Experience in a microprocessor and FPGA based mixed signals environment such as the Xilinx Zynq or comparable platforms as Intel Arria or Stratix
• Design experience and familiarity with A/D and D/A interfaces
• Experience in design of high-speed digital interfaces such as PCIe, DDR3/4, and Ethernet
• Knowledge of 3D imaging systems and 3D data products
Here are some additional details:
• This is a full-time, salaried position.
• Salary is commensurate with your education, experience, and skills. We offer excellent benefits.
• Blackmore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, or national origin. U.S. citizenship required.
For full consideration, please submit the following by August 1:
cover letter identifying the position | resume
About Blackmore Sensors and Analytics, Inc.: Blackmore Sensors and Analytics, Inc. is a leader in frequency-modulated continuous wave (FMCW) Lidar and supporting analytic tools. Blackmore's technology and unique approach bring the advanced toolsets of modern radar into the optical domain. We support intense mission-critical environments, where direct-detect 3D imagers are cost and performance limited. Examples of current use of our technology include self-driving vehicles and defense applications.
Blackmore is located in Bozeman, Montana, a vibrant and beautiful university town surrounded by mountains and ideal for outdoor activities. Whether you like camping, biking, hiking, fishing, skiing or just gazing at beautiful scenery, Bozeman is a great place to live and work.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities