Data Center Technician - Santa Clara, CA (santa clara)
compensation: Commensurate with experience + full benefits package employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Energy Group Networks LLC / OpenColo Data Center is looking for an experienced Data Center Technician with good experience in Linux / Windows Server based systems and Data center Colocation services, to work as part of our 24/7 Technical Support Team.
As a part of our technicians team, your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical support to the company's customers via our ticketing system or phone system.
- Escalate tickets or support issues to the Network Operations Center.
- Monitor the data center critical power and cooling systems and escalate any issues accordingly.
- Build, configure, deploy and rack servers in their designated cabinets or cages.
- Build, maintain and run ethernet and fiber cables in the data hall.
- Monitor the network’s infrastructure systems and solve or escalate any issues accordingly.
- Handle incoming and outgoing shipments to and from the Data Center.
- Process server installation requests using diverse hardware and operating system.
- Troubleshoot server hardware issue as they occur.
- Assign Data Center visitors badges / grant facility access
- Perform security rounds to ensure the integrity of the perimeter of the building.
- Performs, manage, and notify Customers of any Maintenance as they are scheduled.
We are looking for talents with the following skills and experience:
- At least 2 years experience with Linux server administration
- At least 2 years experience with Windows server administration
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
- Previous work experience in a data center or 24x7x365 ISP environment is a plus
- Experience with racking and stacking servers and other hosted equipment.
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting (i.e.: building serves, replacing hard drives, motherboards, memory, fans, etc)
- Excellent communication in person, by phone, and via email
- Team player with willingness to help and explain things to others
- Good documentation and asset management skills
- Experience building and servicing servers and networking gear.
- Willingness to learn and expand your knowledge of systems and software
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Must be able to work shifts and weekends.
Experience in the following software technologies and areas are a plus:
- Ability to speak/read/write both English and Chinese natively
- Cable management experience
- Understanding for DNS, apache, webhosting control panels
- VMware vSphere / ESX Server administration experience
- Experience in router and switch configuration (BGP/OSPF/MPLS/VLAN/ROUTE-MAPS/Peering Management)
Remote interview process
Personal protective equipment provided or required
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
We comply with all Santa Clara's public health department orders and requirements for safe operation.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers