QR Code Link to This Post
We are searching for an experienced Assistant Manager at 1265 S. Mary Avenue Sunnyvale, California, 94087.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Assistant Manager reports to the Store Manager. Assists the Store Manager in the management of daily store operations in the absence of the Senior Assistant Manager (SAM) and helps supervise associates in the performance of their assigned duties. Receives inventory, stocking and maintaining a store section, operating a cash register, and performs basic bookkeeping duties.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains a store section, as assigned by creating orders, receives and stocks merchandise using proper equipment
- Reviews invoices/bills for accuracy
- Stocks shelves, end stacks, displays and deli/freezer cases
- Sets up advertising/promotional displays
- Marks prices on merchandise as needed
- Operates a cash register, receives cash from customers, makes change and processes check/charge transactions
- Reviews price/order books, price changes, advertisement forms and direct vendor pricing information
- Gives cash and/or credit refunds, when approved by management
- Verifies customer eligibility when alcoholic beverages are purchased
- Performs basic bookkeeping duties
- Records lost/damaged goods and store supplies using appropriate ledger
- Posts information and collects data
- Supervises the activity of assigned work crews when functioning as temporary Senior Assistant Manager
- Insures compliance with company policies and government regulations
- Supervises unloading, staging, stocking and pricing activity of the crew
- Provides timely and professional customer service by resolving customer complaints and requests for refunds, exchanges, or adjustments
- Monitors and supervises associates and customer safety and security issues
- Participates in completing customer accident reporting paper work
- Supervises completion of equipment safety and sanitation checklists
- Ensures period safety/loss prevention sign-off sheets are completed
- Demonstrates ability to effectively utilize basic PC skills and have knowledge of usage of all handheld devices.
- To successfully perform the job of an Assistant Manager, an individual must be honest, reliable and be able to reinforce our company values: Teamwork, Integrity, Accountability, Respect and Growth
Please note: This is a summary of the job description. A complete job description may be obtained by contacting Human Resources.
Required Qualifications: At a minimum, the successful job applicant will have at least one of the following: an Associate Degree, Bachelor?s Degree, Retail Management Certificate (RMCP) or enrolled in one RMCP course. Must have prior work experience in retail operations or equivalent work experience as determined by Company management.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.