compensation: $48K to $52K /year, plus benefits including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays, sick time, 401K plan employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Under the supervision of the Operations & Contracts Manager, the Operations Associate will provide primary clerical and administrative support for the day-to-day operations at our various location. The Operations Associate will execute the work from our FRC at Chavez Elementary and alongside an operations team. This role requires completing projects with minimal supervision along with a high level of attention to detail. Strong customer service skills, excellent keyboarding skills and strong organizational skills are required. The Operations Associate will also participate in direct program activities as time permits.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Receive all walk-ins and assist with routing the needs of visitors
• Coordination and integration of organizational calendaring, including program calendar, kitchen clean ups, spring cleaning, staff meetings, etc.
• Assist with requested arrangements of space usage; presentation equipment, technology
• Ensure all office supplies and program supplies are stocked and organized; take request and order as needed.
• Orders food/snacks for SOMOS staff meetings/gatherings
• Manage the Second Harvest Food Bank program, ensuring proper usage and protocol
• Responsible for credit card and Petty Cash reconciliation and back up collection
• Assist with data entry to Sales Force, F5 Persimmony, other programmatic databases
• Provides feedback to management to maintain goals and service excellence protocol
• Other administrative duties as assigned
Program Specific Administrative Support
• Manage and support process for food ordering for staff and program meetings, event, gatherings
• Support teams with updating program calendar
• Support with deadlines established by setting reminders, tracking submissions
• Support with travel arrangements logistics and ensure safety standards
• Creates an annual professional development plan to develop or strengthen essential skills and seek opportunities for greater and on-going learning.
• Participates in agency wide decision-making arenas and in regular internal political education, as needed.
• Contributes to the development of organizational world-view and development of strategic plan.
• Deep passion and commitment to advancing social justice in immigrant, working class communities;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• At least 2 years of experience in office administration
• Computer literate (MS Office) and have knowledge of general office equipment
• Exemplary planning and time management skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize daily workload ‘
• Ability to concentrate in a busy environment
• Able to exercise sound judgment, problem solving, assume responsibility and work independently while exhibiting discretion and maintaining confidentiality
• Able to develop and maintain appropriate records and files.
• Desire and ability to pay meticulous attention to detail
• General office skills assessment required for placement
• Bilingual/biliterate Spanish-English required;
• Valid California driver’s license and proof of auto insurance required;
• Fingerprint and background check required
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Experience working directly in immigrant, working class communities;
• Commitment to nurturing healthy working relationships and communication;
• Experience with and sensitivity to multi-cultural work environments
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively and flexibly under tight constraints with diverse groups and organizations.
• Able to work flexible hours, including some nights and weekends
Please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume. We encourage you to forward this announcement to others who may be interested. The position will remain open until filled.
You may visit our website for complete job description and to see other open positions.
SOMOS Mayfair is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetics, gender identity or expression, disability status, familial status or veteran status.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers