Bill Wilson Center is a nationally and regionally recognized leader for providing services to at-risk youth and families. Our agency -- from our executive team to our line staff -- is committed to improving the lives and conditions of the people we serve. We provide direct services to more than 3,500 children, youth, young adults and families in Santa Clara County. BWC provides services that meet the cultural and linguistic needs of our whole community. We value our unique ethnic diversity as well as the LGBTQ community and non-able body community. Join us and become a difference maker at Bill Wilson Center! Find out more at http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/
We have a wonderful opportunity for a Bilingual (English/Spanish) Intake Clinician at the Safety Net Shelter. Under the direction of the Division Director, the Intake Clinician is responsible for intake, coordination and scheduling timely access to Mental Health and other services for youth, ages 11-18 yrs requiring emergency services through the Safety Net Shelter. In addition to the core function of intake and referral, they will provide informational visits and perform registration of new patients into AWARDS. The Intake Clinician holds the expertise in MediCal, Private Insurance and underfunded reimbursement and is expected to have an understanding of regulations regarding SCC Behavioral Health policies and procedures, Community Care Licensing regulations as well as BWC Mental Health policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Process Intake/Referrals in a welcoming and engaging way with youth and their families.
• Receives referrals/requests for information from referral sources and community members. SCREEN MediCal eligibility/MHSA, etc. which is part of every referral.
• Schedules and attends first intake session with client and produces/documents initial diagnosis and treatment plan for client signature at intake along with other intake documentation (may have to drive to community to meet client)
• Provides initial Assessment, Plan Development, through warm hand off of youth/family to assigned Case Manager. The Intake Coordinator role provides all engagement services and holds caseload of admitting clients to provide assessment functions that inform Initial Mental Health Assessment; Plan Development services provided to complete an initial Treatment Plan which will direct ongoing clinical services to meet client needs typically within first 2 weeks of admission.
• Will complete Admission Outcome processes such as CANS, YOQ, etc.
• Will take the lead in ‘warm handoff’ transition of services to assigned clinician once access and assessment phase of clinical care completed.
• Prepares intake paperwork, enter Medi-Cal clients into Unicare and all clients into AWARDS
• Provides accurate information regarding mental health services and MediCal coverage in a professional and sensitive manner.
• Track that all required forms signed and turned into them (Participation Agreement, Consents, Release of Information) and enter the data, scan the forms, make sure nothing was missed
• When, necessary, maintains a waiting list and provide regular updates to clients on their status
• Documents any referrals who have been determined not to meet eligibility criteria after consulting with Division Director.
• Supports department efforts in achieving agency goals on performance measures aimed at access and engagement outcomes.
• Verifies benefit status and follow up on insurance authorization as needed.
• Participates in the development of and maintains systems for improving department operations and analysis.
• Participates in the development of system changes and enhancements
• Participates in special projects and provides administrative support as needed.
• Provides information and facilitation to assist clients and families with English as a second language in making informed choices about their care
• Participates in community outreach efforts including presentations at schools, law enforcement, other CBO’s, psychiatric hospitals
• Attends required agency and program meetings
• Participates in agency Program Quality Improvement initiatives and/or meetings
• Ensures safe work environment and reports any unsafe issues to Facilities Manager
• Regular attendance is a requirement of the position
• Other duties as assigned
Masters (M.A.) in Counseling, MFT, Social Work or related field from four-year college or university; Candidates must be on licensure track with BBS as PCC intern, MFT trainee, MFT intern, Associate Social Worker and meets eligibility to be waivered within MediCal regulations. OR a licensed LPCC, LPCC+, LMFT, LCSW in good standing. Excellent organizational and prioritization skills. Experience working with a culturally diverse population required. Experience with electronic health records highly desired. Valid California driver’s license with access to a personal vehicle with current insurance that can be used for company business. Fingerprinting/background check as required by the Department of Justice and/or Title XXII regulations. TB test required. Bilingual (English/Spanish) communication skills required.
Salary depends on experience. Benefits include employer paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability and Employee Assistance Program as well as access to Flexible Spending Account for Health and Dependent Care and Commuter Benefits, Voluntary Short Term Disability, Supplemental Life Insurance, Voluntary Accident Insurance and Retirement Plan with discretionary Employer Contribution. We also have a generous Personal Time Off (PTO) Plan and 12 Paid Holidays. In addition, Bill Wilson Center offer’s extensive training, mileage reimbursement, FREE Staff Wellness Program/Activities including Yoga and much more!
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to and be sure to reference the position name in the subject line and/or cover letter:
BILL WILSON CENTER
FAX: (408) 244-4022
Bill Wilson Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. Because of a need to remain responsive to the needs of our clients and our Agency's operations, responsibilities may be modified at any time.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers