compensation: Compensation is competitive with other Bay Area electro-mechanical technician positions employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Only five battery chemistries have been commercialized in the last two centuries. Natron Energy is the
sixth. Natron’s products offer breakthrough performance for applications requiring high power or extreme
cycle life, such as data center backup power and EV fast charging support. Our technology can be
manufactured utilizing standard Lithium Ion facilities, allowing Natron to scale quickly and efficiently.
Customer trials have been successfully completed, and the company is scaling rapidly to meet market
demand. Natron is backed by seven leading venture capital and strategic investors.
Natron is seeking an Electro-Mechanical Technician to support and upgrade its battery cell pilot line in
Santa Clara. Critical activities include building, commissioning and modification of new equipment,
maintenance & troubleshooting existing production equipment, and assistance of prototyping and building
of new fixtures to increase throughput and improve quality. The person for this position is willing and
capable of taking on a wide range of equipment projects large and small to streamline and expand and
streamline our pilot production line.
- Plan and perform routine maintenance of battery manufacturing and test equipment.
- Work with engineering team members to assemble, fabricate, modify and commission pilot cell
manufacturing equipment and fixtures.
- Work with manufacturing and process engineers to debug and improve cell manufacturing
processes to enable high performance, quality, and yield.
- Provide technical input to decisions related to equipment and fixture design.
- Generate and maintain high quality engineering documentation such as maintenance procedures
and SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) etc.
- Maintain spare parts inventory and establish spare parts requirements
- Perform routine workshop audit and organization to maintain a tidy and safe work environment.
- Support other groups (R&D, Product, and Data team) with equipment related projects as
Experience and Skills:
- 5 or more years hands on experience with building, modifying, and maintaining production
- Solid electrical and mechanical troubleshooting ability.
- Working knowledge of operating principles of production machine components such as
pneumatics, circuits, motors, temperature controllers and sensors.
- Ability to read and interpret written instructions, mechanical drawings, P&IDs, and electrical
- Basic shop skills: drill press, lathe, bandsaw, power tools, and hand tools, etc.
- Trade school certification, AA degree or military training in electrical/mechanical/industrial field.
- Experience with electrical/control panel build, familiarity with industry best practices (UL 508A etc)
- Ability to conceptualize, fabricate, and build simple fixtures and modular framing systems (80/20
or similar) strongly desired.
- Working knowledge using cad software like SOLIDWORKS and AutoCAD a plus.
- Experience working with 3d printers or laser cutters a plus
- Working knowledge and experience of PLC programming a plus.
- This is a full time, permanent position.
- Employees must work on site in Santa Clara.
- Compensation is competitive with other Bay Area electro-mechanical technician positions
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers