compensation: 15.00 to start employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Immediate opening for a jr artist and or paid intern for a busy tee shirt printing shop in san jose.
part time or full time position available. Candidate must Basic knowledge of adobe illustrator and photoshop
This a great oppurtunity to get paid and learn alot about tee shirts fashion and production graphic arts at the same time. Please includes samples of any sketch/design work you may have already done professionally or in school.
• At least intermediate experience with Adobe Illustrator, and Photoshop. Don’t worry if you’re not a expert, as long as you’re familiar with the tools of the programs and how they work all will be good and we will teach you the rest.
• Good attitude, willingness to learn, hard worker and great ethics.
• Ability to work in a team environment and not have to be babysat.
• Be able to take constructive criticism and learn and grow from it.
• Being able to think about what is best for the project and work your best to insure the project is success including assisting clients with suggestions and ideas.
• You MUST be able to juggle multiple projects at once.
• Ability to anticipate change and consistently meet deadlines in dynamic fast paced environment.
• You are detail oriented and are able to multi-task.
• You can work under pressure and in fast paced enviroments.
• You have great people skills and you are fun to be around.
• Attention to detail , Is very organized
• Ability to work independently and as part of a creative team.
- self starter
- printer plotter / cutter experience.
- skills such as Microsoft excel and google docs.
- web site and web store experience (using templates are ok)
What you will learn by working with us:
You will learn how tee shirts are produced from beginning to end (the ins and outs).
• You will slowly learn design as well as design balance.
• You will learn color separations and the art of printing tee shirts.
• You will learn how to create tee shirt designs and make your own shirts if your into that.
• Will learn to use large format printers for stickers banners and shirt transfers and traditional printing.
• Will learn about embroidery, signs, stickers and various aspects of the promotional products field.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers