compensation: Starting $17/hr. After collection of 20 miles: $17.50. $0.50 increase for every 40 miles collected after this.
QR Code Link to This Post
Please no phone calls. To be considered for this opportunity you must apply via this posting.
Collectors will be hired on as temporary W2 employees and will be paid on the same days as our regularly scheduled paydays which is every other Wednesday. See instructions at bottom of posting regarding application process.
IDAX is a multimodal data collection company providing public agencies and private clients with accurate and meaningful data to serve any data-related needs that they may have. Our experienced professionals help clients by providing functional, timely, and cost-effective data collection solutions tailored to the unique challenges of individual projects.
The Data Collector will be responsible for manually collecting data in assigned locations around the City of Santa Clara, California, evaluating the public right of way for compliance with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) guidelines. The collector will be responsible for taking measurements of sidewalk and curb ramp attributes and inputting data into the "Collector for ArcGIS" app using a mobile device.
This is a full-time temporary position starting in April and expected to last approximately 3 months. Collectors will mostly work independently between 8am-6pm.
Tasks will include:
• Manual data collection using a mobile device
• Use of basic measuring tools to gather data
• Data entry and QC
• Doing what is needed to complete the required tasks (focus on safety, utilize navigation skills, interact appropriately with the public, manage time carefully, and attention to detail)
• Representing the company in a professional manner and demonstrating the IDAX corporate values in client interactions
• College experience with a preference for those working towards a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction or related technical field
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• GIS (Geographic Information Systems) skills are a plus
• Must have a personal vehicle; public transportation and ride share will not work
• Must work a minimum of 30 hours a week but not to exceed 40
• Smart phone or tablet (preferred) running Android 6+ or iOS 9+ with an unlimited data plan. No broken screens.
• Desire and willingness to work outdoors, during all types of weather
• Ability to read maps and navigate to locations - a strong sense of direction and attention to detail is a must
• Ability to work on feet and with repeated bending over to take measurements for most of the work day
• Proven to be technically experienced and accurate in data entry
• Great teamwork and interpersonal skills - must be able to work well with others and support other staff during tight deadlines, as well as represent the company in a professional manner when interacting with the public
• A constant vigilance for safety to protect yourself in various traffic conditions
• Ability to learn quickly - able to get up to speed with new software programs and training
IDAX is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, lawful alien status, age, marital status, socio-economic status, veteran status, disabilities, political affiliation or any other characteristic. We support a diverse workplace free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. To learn more about IDAX and the type of data we collect, visit our company video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCW7HvtUX2g&feature=youtu.be
Submit your resume and a cover letter that includes answers to the following questions
1) Why would you be a good fit for this job?
2) Please describe your relevant work experience.
3) Have you worked outdoors? If not, what is your experience with being outside for extended periods of time?
4) Do you live in or within easily commutable distance to Santa Clara?
5) Are you comfortable walking up to 5 miles a day in all weather?
Job Type: Full-time temporary
Salary: $17.00/hour - $19.00/hour
Starting $17/hr. After collection of 20 miles: $17.50. $0.50 increase for every 40 miles collected after this.
• Santa Clara, California (Preferred)
• United States (Required)
• Mon-Sun (Schedule is flexible and will be built around availability)
Overtime often available:
About IDAX Data
Provide quality Transportation and asset data solutions through high level engagement and creative processes to achieve more effective data decisions.
IDAX is a multimodal transportation data solutions company providing public agencies and private clients with a variety of hardware and software based data solutions. Our team of experienced professionals help clients by providing functional, timely and cost-effective data collection solutions tailored to the unique challenges of individual projects. Over the last three years IDAX has developed a wide range of hardware and software applications to serve numerous data needs for our clients.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers