Carelink Hospice Services is a leading provider of skilled in-home nursing care for patients. We are currently looking for a passionate, empathetic, motivated and COMMITTED individual to fill our Registered Nurse (RN) Position! Our success is largely based upon hiring ambitious team members who provide outstanding customer care.
AREAS WE SERVICE:
Alameda, Santa Clara, Contra Costa, San Mateo, San Francisco
The registered nurse plans, organizes and directs home care services and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on community health education/experience. The professional nurse builds from the resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the needs of individuals and families within their homes and communities.
WHAT CARELINK OFFERS:
SEMI-MONTHLY pay (competitive rate).
Be EMPOWERED by working INDEPENDENTLY with a FLEXIBLE work schedule.
Lunch and Learn G-tube, Ventilator, Trach Refresher Training and MORE.
One-on-one clinical development.
FUN, POSITIVE, and PROFESSIONAL work environment.
Weekly core values newsletter, paid training & orientation.
LICENSED REGISTERED NURSE (RN) RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
- Regularly re-evaluates patient nursing needs.
- Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change.
- Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
- Develops a care plan, which establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and rehabilitative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan of care.
- Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and implements prior to discharge of the patient.
- Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor and assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload.
LICENSED REGISTERED NURSE (RN) QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. One (1) to two (2) years of recent acute care experience in an institutional setting.
- Current licensure in state, CPR certification and valid driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s degree, with one (1) year of home health care experience preferred.
- Management experience not required. Responsible for supervising home health aides.
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
- Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift, position or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling or crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills.
- If you feel that you are a match for our Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) opening we welcome you to submit your resume.
Carelink Hospice Services is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as all other protected groups.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers