Are you seeking fulfilling work that gives you the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others? Do you believe in the integration of persons with disabilities into all aspects of community membership? Do you enjoy assisting others in the learning process? Then read on...
Hope Services is the Bay Area's largest non-profit agency, providing a wide array of quality services for persons with developmental disabilities for over 60 years! We are currently hiring Life Coaches to provide support and leadership for clients to participate in activities and receive services in our Tailored Day Services program.
About the position:
Provides individualized support to consumers to identify barriers, create community participation and develop methods for accessing activities and services in community settings. Activities and services are defined by the consumer and his or her Person Centered Plan and Individualized Personal Plan.
1. Provide individual support in the home or community setting as identified in the consumer's Individualized Personal Plan.
2. Work closely with family members to identify needs and develop plans.
3. Develop opportunities for consumers to participate as valued and contributing members of the community. Facilitate positive interactive experiences within community settings.
4. Facilitate and develop activities to build relationships, skills, and experience in the community. Travel with and/or transport client throughout the local community.
5. Develop and expand consumer participation in typical and generic community activities chosen by the consumer, transport the consumer to various community locations.
6. Act as advocate on behalf of consumers served.
7. Complete required forms and accountability documentation, incident reports, case recordings, IPPs and other required documentation.
8. Maintain a professional relationship with consumers, family members, coworkers and others. Represent HOPE in the community in a professional manner.
9. Implement behavioral intervention plan when needed to assure consumer safety and promote learning.
10. Coordinates consumer programming with Center's activities, services, and staff.
11. Adheres to safety agency practices and policies.
12. Acts as a mandated abuse reporter.
13. Perform other duties as assigned, to assure efficiency of program services.
4 year degree preferred, plus one year of related experience working with people with disabilities, or an approved combination of experience and education.
Possession of a valid California driver's license and clear driving record. Approval by Hope's insurance carrier may be required.
Required knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. A belief that all people are valued members of the community.
2. An understanding of the principles of normalization and commitment to community integration.
3. Ability to work independently and cooperatively as a member of the team.
4. Excellent communication and documentation skills including use of computerized word program and data base.
5. Knowledge and understanding of alternative communication systems and assistive technology.
6. CPR and First Aid certification (Training and Certification provided! Must be able to respond to first aid injuries, and
perform Heimlich and CPR when alone with consumers in the community.
7. Positive and cooperative attitude toward a consumer driven service system working with developmentally disabled adults.
8. Ability to be flexible with scheduling and work in a consumer driven environment
9. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work with a diverse population.
Do you have what it takes to make a difference?
Inspire and be inspired! Hope Services takes immense pride in maximizing our employee engagement. Will you join us??
Winner, 100 Best Places to Work, Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal!
Visit www.hopeservices.org to find out more about us and the people we serve and apply directly on line.
Hope Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetics, sexual orientation or sexual identity. In addition to federal law requirements, Hope Services complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers