Classroom Instructional Aides provide individualized supervision and instruction to students and additional support to the core classroom staff. This position works with student(s) to implement their Individualized Education Programs (IEP) utilizing group and individual instruction in the classroom and community. The duties include but are not limited to training students in the following domains: community, vocational, leisure, domestic, academic, and social skills.
• Implement curriculum and behavioral intervention strategies to meet each student’s goals and objectives.
• Perform job coaching duties by assisting in the training of students, on campus or at community job sites in appropriate work behavior and specific employment skills.
• Support in collecting and tracking of data related to student goals.
• Contribute to the structure and stability of the classroom by ensuring students stay on task as well as managing student behaviors.
• Implement behavioral and clinical tools to support students in creating the best possible learning environment.
• Classroom Instructional Aides can support a classroom or a specific student dependent on the current student needs.
• Successfully pass the Basic Skills Test, should the employee not hold either a BA or an AA degree plus 60 college credits.
• $18 per hour
• Medical/vision/dental/401K/flex spending
• Convenient schedules for work/life balance
• Comprehensive classroom training
• Terrific career advancement opportunities
• Supportive working environment
• Opportunity to make a difference in children’s lives
“Being an Instructional Aide is interesting, fulfilling and a lot of fun because every day is a little different. The students enrolled in the Spectrum program can be challenging and require special services typically not provided in a traditional school. This is why Spectrum provides comprehensive training to ensure Instructional Aides understand the Individualized Educational Program (IEP) goals. The Spectrum team provides all new employees with a great deal of support because they want you to feel comfortable in the classroom starting on day one.”
–Northern California Instructional Aide who recently promoted into a Teaching role
Who is Spectrum Center?
For over 40 years Spectrum Schools has been offering a comprehensive educational program for students, ages 3 – 22 with autism, emotional/behavioral disabilities, intellectual disabilities, and other disabilities which require focused academic, behavioral, communication, and therapeutic services.
We have a special passion for making an impact in the lives of children with special needs that otherwise may not have the chance to learn and develop to their full potential. We are searching for Teachers Aides to join a dynamic, collaborative team!
Work. With Purpose
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers