organización sin ánimo de lucro remuneración: DOE tipo de empleo: tiempo parcial
QR Code Link to This Post
Second start is seeking a part time Speech and Language Pathologist to join our great school staff! This position follows a school calendar so there are 219 staff days.
Under the direction of the Principal, the Speech and Language Pathologist is responsible for the identification and remediation of communicative disorders of children. This identification is accomplished through classroom screening, observation, and referral from IEP teams, parents, and outside sources. Performs individual evaluation for all children identified. Develops remedial strategies appropriate to the individual needs of children. Provides therapy individually and/or in small groups for those children with identified communicative disorders. Prepares evaluations and communicates with parents on individual pupil progress and needs. Works toward effective rapport with the community. Offers consultative services for classroom teachers through in service training, participates in school staffing, and individual conferences with teachers. Maintains records concerning each child identified and evaluated. Develops and implements goals and objectives for the student I.E.P.s. Gives progress of students at I.E.P.'s meetings.
1. Identifies children who show communicative disorders in the form of language and speech, problems. This identification is accomplished through classroom screening, observation, and referral from school personnel, parents, and outside sources.
2. Performs individual evaluation for all children identified. This evaluation may include:
a. Use of appropriate instruments and equipment.
b. Consults with school personnel, parents, physicians, psychologists, and other professionals.
3. Develops therapy, individually and/or in small groups for those children with identified communicative disorders in compliance with students' I.E.P.s.
4. Prepares assessments, when required, evaluations and communicates with parents on individual pupil progress and needs.
5. Offers consultative services for classroom teachers in the following ways:
a. Through in-service training for teachers.
b. By participating in school staffing for children with possible communicative disorders.
c. Through individual conferences with teacher.
d. Through IEP meetings.
e. Maintains professional competence by taking advance college course, in-service training, and/or participation in professional organization at local, state, and national level.
6. Other Job Functions:
a. Maintains current school attendance register.
b. Maintains records concerning each child identified and evaluated consistent with CDE and organization requirements and standards.
c. Carries on correspondence concerning children with communicative disorders.
SCOPE OF AUTHORITY & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Under the direction of the Principal, evaluates which tools are to be utilized during the course of providing student services and support.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Must possess effective communication skills that allow for effective student communication.
• Must possess effective working knowledge of current and professional Speech Therapy techniques and practices in Special Education environments.
• Ability to work cooperatively with staff and students with disabilities, at risk behaviors, social/emotional barriers, and other socially inappropriate behaviors.
• Must be able to relate well to students and staff who are under stress.
• Must be flexible and work under pressure with short notice.
• Must be able to represent Second Start/Pine Hill School in a professional manner.
• Must be able to actively participate in Individual Educational Plans as well as any required meetings.
• Must be computer literate and able to compose professional written reports on caseload of students.
• Must be able to work effectively as part of a team in a collaborative manner.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Must have a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution signifying completions of all requirements for the State of California Speech Credential.
• Must have a Valid California credential/license in the area of Speech, allowing service in California.
• Must have experience working with at risk, special education students.
• Must be able to effectively communicate verbally in English fluently.
• Must be able to read and compose documents in English fluently.
• Must be able to effectively use a computer and telephone.
• Must be able to lift and move at least 70 lbs.
• Some local travel is required
Solo empresas. Si eres un intermediario, por favor, no contactes al anunciante.
NO contactarnos por servicios u ofertas no solicitados