fuel: gas title status: clean transmission: manual
QR Code Link to This Post
Please read full description before contacting me. I like to be fully transparent when selling so everything I can think of about the car will be listed in the ad. Thank you!
Selling my 1995 BMW E36 M3 - 5 speed manual coupe. Bought just a few months ago. Selling because I recently jumped on a deal for a 2006 M3 that I'd like to build, and I can't justify building two M3's right now.
CLEAN TITLE. 182k miles. 100% smog legal. Just passed a few months ago.
This car has about $7,000 in mods that have less than a couple hundred miles on them. All installed professionally (mod list below). I planned on using this car as a track car, but my plans changed since picking up my new M3.
Mechanically: The car is solid. It was taken to Performance Technic in Fremont for a PPI and and was given a good report. Has a small oil leak that was diagnosed by Performance Technic. Was told it is something that should be taken care of eventually, but not an issue for the time being.
Cosmetically: The cars age shows. Lots of little nicks and scratches in the paint. Clear coat peeling a bit on passenger door. Roof trim is rusty (very common on this model. Easily replaceable). Interior headliner is drooping. Its a 24 year old car. Its not going to be perfect. If you're looking for a super clean E36 M3, this isn't it. I was much more focused on the car being mechanically solid rather than it looking like a show car since I planned on tracking it.
This car is EXCELLENT in the environment it was set up for. Handles fantastically and performs great!
Mods: All mods have less than a couple hundred miles on them and were installed professionally by Performance Technic. Mods were around $7k + another $2k for install.
- Brand new UUC short shift kit.
- Brand new Apex Arc-8 wheels (17x9 square).
- Brand new Bridgestone RE71-RR tires (245 square).
- Brand new BC adjustable coil overs.
- Brand new Turner Motorsport sway bar kit w/ adjustable end links.
- Brand new Sparco P300 steering wheel.
- Brand new polly motor mounts.
- JB sport headers (installed by previous owner). Smog legal + they have a carb sticker.
*WILL NOT PART OUT/NO TRADES* If you are interested in the parts, consider buying the car. The cost of parts & labor for just mods alone came out to MORE than I'm selling the whole car for. I'm taking a huge loss. It really is a great deal.
- Handbrake mechanism is jammed. Needs to be fixed if the E-brake is a must for you (has been parked in my flat garage in first gear, so has not been a problem for me).
- Speaker system isn't working. Has an amp/speakers, but you'll need to either take it into a sound shop or if you're handy rewire it yourself. Again, this is something I wasn't concerned about since it was my track build.
- No rear seats.
- 245 tires ended up being a bit wide and rub a bit. However, the coilovers were installed so recently that I never had a chance to bring the car back in for a height adjustment after the springs settled. This problem should be easily fixed by raising the rear ride height a bit. Fitment in the front is perfect.
$7,700 cash or cashiers check ONLY. PRICE IS FIRM. I've listed all of the issues with the car in the ad, so if you don't think it's worth $7,700 lets not waste either of our time (KBB value isn't relevant for this car so I don't want to hear about that either). You're getting the car and all of the brand new mods for LESS than the mods cost ALONE. If you are SERIOUSLY interested, please email me by clicking "reply" at the top of the page (too many sales calls when I give out my # on CL). If you include your name and number, I will reply promptly. **(Please include your number. Sometimes CL has an issue delivering email replies for me)**
Thanks for taking the time to read the full ad. It may seem like a lot, but I'm just saying what a lot of other sellers will neglect to tell you :-)
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers