1979 Porsche 911 SC (Super Carrera)
QR Code Link to This Post
Copper Brown Metallic Exterior Color 8/10
Cork Interior 9/10
Original 3.0 CIS engine
Original 5 speed 915 transmission
Original Fuchs 16" wheels provided with car (currently has 16x7 & 16x8 Fuchs on the car)
Original Porsche front Air Dam Spoiler "Lip"
Factory Spare, Tools, Owners manuals and All Service Records from New are Available to the new owner
170,xxx miles ( approx. 4.5k Miles per year)
California/Bay Area car its entire life - NO RUST
his car is in very nice shape and would be classified as a "driver's" car. Definitely turns heads any time it is driven, but is not in show car condition. Car has always been taken care of but driven on a regular basis throughout its life. Up-close imperfections can be found, but a true relic, as it is becoming harder and harder to find these cars that have not been cut up, and modified.
I purchased this car from the previous owner (possibly 2nd owner) who owned the car for the last 25 years, little over 2 years ago. Since then I have put very few miles on the car, driving it Fridays to work (very short commute) and weekends.
Over the last few months I have not driven the car much, as I no longer have storage at my house for the beautiful 911sc. I never planned on selling this car as it is in great shape and in beautiful driver condition, but things in my life have happened which make me un able to keep the car.
I am hoping to pass this along to someone who can enjoy it for many years to come.
The car is very original with very few changes, which based on the records are:
-Upgraded 911 Carrera timing chain tensioners (common problem with these early SCs)
-Nardi Wood grain steering wheel (very pretty combo with the Cork leather interior) Original steering wheel will be provided.
-Upgraded FUCHS wheels 16x7 and 16x8 (wider and suits the body lines of the SC flares much better)
- Appears to be "upgraded" speakers but definitely are from years past. Car has the original Blaupunkt stereo, with what seems to be a factory amplifier in the glovebox.
Things which could use some attention, and were on my list of doing:
- Rear Quarter glass seals have hardened over time and were on my list of things to replace. (will be replaced in the next month if car is not sold)
- I planned on having the shocks replaced to Bilstein HDs (recommended by Elephant Racing as a good OEM+ upgrade) as I enjoy a sportier than stock ride
- Passenger window switch is faulty and has been purchased but have not yet had time to replace it.
- Heater/blower works intermittently, and I believe the relay needs to be replaced, or the switch should be replaced
Photos do not do this car justice. It must been seen in person.
More pictures will be taken once the car is out of storage.