condition: good cylinders: 4 cylinders drive: rwd fuel: gas size: compact title status: clean transmission: manual
QR Code Link to This Post
2000 Mazda Miata SE Merlot
This was a great car and it was a fun ongoing project car for a few years, but now I'm unfortunately letting it go. I no longer have the privilege to continue working on the car like I wanted. Money, being the main factor. Below I'll list all of the modifications done to the car. It was smogged more than 3 months ago and the certification expired, but it will be smogged again.
This is the SE, so it comes with 3.9 torsen LSD and 6spd trans.
- Megan EZ Street Coilovers
- TR Motorsport wheels (12lb)
- Falken RT615k+ on the rear. Fronts are all seasons
Stock rebuilt engine with minor changes/upgrades because the engine originally had 220k miles
- disassembled and cleaned all parts
- installed new valve springs with new Supertech single valve springs
- EX/INT camshaft mod
- TODA adjustable came sprocket
- all new bearings, piston rings, seals
- new water pump
- Boundary Stage 0 oil pump with 1 added shim
- ACT Stage 1 Lightweight flywheel and clutch
- used aluminum radiator which should be replaced because radiator caps always leak very slightly. Going back to stock radiator or a higher quality radiator will fix that. I bought mine for $50 from a friend.
- heads were shaved .013"
- no muffler. Just headers and mid pipe. I sold the muffler.
*** it has developed an oil leak coming from the oil pan by the oil pump. It's not ideal because it's been resealed and its basically a new engine, but shit happens.
*** that's all I remember for now
- Red Ebay bucket seat on drivers side. I believe it fits up to 34" waist. Sorry big guys...not sure you want a Miata anyways.
- functional hidden switch panel for Start/Shut Off and there are 4 more switches not wired to anything so you can have fun with that if you continue.
- Hard Top with Defrosters. Not selling separate.
- Hard Dog Roll Bar M2
- Dings and scratches here and there. Front bumper has dent and a hole from someone hitting me in parking lot.
- drivers side door panel is off to fit bucket seat, but I still have it.
Great car to drive and it has some more power than a stock Miata because of the higher compression and the ex/int cam. It'll be nice for someone to take it off my hands that has experience with Miatas already, but if you like driving fun cars then you'd definitely enjoy this one.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers