compensation: Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Background: We are an established Silicon Valley construction company in need of a full-time Accountant for our Saratoga office; flexible hours are a possible but this is not a “work-from-home” position.
Position overview: You will be responsible for managing the day-to-day accounting duties from bookkeeping through generation of Financial Statements for our CPA using Quickbooks. Our ideal candidate will have excellent organizational and communication skills, understand the importance of timeliness and accuracy, as well as being capable of maintaining good-standing customer relations.
• Bank reconciliations
• Analyze/Categorize company expenses on a weekly basis and provide a summary to the owner (Cost Analysis)
• Daily Quickbooks entries
• Other light day-to-day accounting
• Must be capable of preparing books/quarterly/annual reports for our CPA for tax purposes.
• Maintain the general ledger and chart of accounts
• Maintain historical records by saving/filing documents
• Manage bank deposits
• Assist with Billing and Collecting
• Monitor office expenses by reviewing credit card transactions
• Reconciling bank accounts and managing cash flow
• Assist with Payroll through ADP
• Provide/Assist our CPA with monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports
• Audit/Review payroll for accuracy
• All other accounting services, including special projects, as needed
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
• Experience working in accounting positions, including A/R, A/P, general ledger, payroll and payroll reports
• Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
• Extensive experience with data entry, record keeping, and computer operation
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, QuickBooks, and ADP
• Strong understanding of business and income tax worksheets and computations
• Competitive salary
• Two weeks’ paid vacation
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers