Labcompare, a division of CompareNetworks, is the leading online buyer’s guide for laboratory equipment and practical resources for laboratory scientists. We are currently looking for a Managing Editor. If you are passionate about applied sciences and staying up-to-date with information about applications and products for the lab, are a great writer, want to work with an awesome team, help scientists become more productive, and travel to key scientific meetings; then we have a job for you!
Labcompare is seeking an experienced Managing Editor to assist with the overall growth and strategy of Labcompare’s editorial mission. The managing editor is a customer-focused role that will be responsible for assisting in the ongoing development and execution of our content strategy, managing our team of freelancers and editors, disseminating content through social media channels, acting as the liaison between editorial, sales, production, IT and other support departments, evaluating and improving editorial workflow processes/policies, editing and writing feature articles and other content as needed, and establishing solid professional relationships with authors, industry experts, and other internal and external contacts.
The ideal candidate will have writing experience within the laboratory industry or relevant field, an advanced science degree, the ability to thrive in a deadline-oriented environment, willingness and curiosity about a wide range of applied scientific topics, ability to engage with customers and sales, travel to visit customers, attend conferences, excellent writing and editing skills, social media experience, SEO experience, and online content production experience.
• Customer engagement with sales for content projects and assist sales with an editorial approach
• Join business development meetings for creative content discussions
• Travel to visit key customers
• Engage with customers at leading science conferences
• Manage pool of freelance writers to ensure articles are produced on time and on budget.
• Copy edit article submissions to ensure adherence to style guide.
• Edit articles and content for style guide
• Writes at least one feature article a month
• Post daily science news
• Oversee and manage all Labcompare content-related projects and social media.
• Manage and produce Labcompare eNewsletters
• Represent Labcompare in an editorial capacity at major meetings/events and communicate editorial mission to customers.
• Focus on establishing relationships with key opinion leaders
• BS/MS degree in applied science
• 3 to 5 years’ experience writing in the laboratory industry or related field
• Experience managing contract writers
• Ability to work closely with sales
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel, basic HTML coding a plus
• Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
• Strong online content production and social media experience
• Working knowledge of SEO
• Must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills, detail-oriented and have the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work independently and remotely to meet team goals with minimal supervision and while managing multiple tasks
• Ability to travel (domestic and international)
• Working knowledge of content management systems, a plus
• An extensive network within the industry, a plus
Labcompare (www.labcompare.com) is the leading laboratory buyers guide and online resource for up-to-date product information and new technologies for laboratory professionals in applied sciences including: analytical chemistry, clinical diagnostics, environmental sciences, food testing, forensic sciences, cannabis testing and other applications. Labcompare combines in-depth knowledge of the products and technologies used by laboratory professionals with expertise to provide articles, product reviews, video, newsletters, product reviews, and other content all designed to educate and inform lab professionals throughout every step of their buying journey. Labcompare continually strives to serve laboratory professionals to help facilitate product discovery and technology education, compare products side-by-side, and request quotes from manufacturers.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers