compensation: DOE employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Annual Reviews (AR) is a nonprofit publisher dedicated to synthesizing and integrating knowledge for the progress of science and the benefit of society.
Annual Reviews offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits including a business casual work environment, a great health benefits package, personal enrichment benefits, gym reimbursement, a tuition reimbursement program, a matching gifts program, regular employee events and celebrations, free on-site yoga and meditation classes, and most importantly, the ability to work with an amazing group of people who care about each other and their work. Exceptional candidates from other states are encouraged to apply.
We are currently seeking a FT Production Editor to:
• Copyedit and proofread manuscripts for electronic and print publication
• Manage the production of assigned journals to ensure a smooth flow of manuscripts and meeting of deadlines
• Work effectively with Editorial Committees composed of scientists
• Communicate clearly, promptly, and tactfully with editors, authors, vendors, and other staff via email, letters, and phone, as well as in person
• Prepare for, conduct, and follow up on Editorial Committee meetings
• Update internal database, track author and article data, and prepare reports
Qualified candidates must have:
• 2+ years of experience editing and proofreading scholarly manuscripts with careful attention to detail and grammar
• Demonstrated excellent editing and writing skills
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, excellent command of the English language, and the ability to communicate with diplomacy and tact
• Experience working with and communicating with academic faculty, preferably scientists or engineers
• A professional demeanor and the ability to develop and maintain long-term business relationships
• A strong work ethic and solid organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet multiple deadlines
• Ability to travel outside of the Bay Area 2–3 times annually for meetings
• Proficiency in the use of Windows and MS Office; advanced MS Word and Excel skills are pluses
• BA/BS degree in the sciences, English, or a related field strongly preferred
• Experience editing highly specialized, scientific documents is a plus
• A background or interest in science and experience in a publishing or academic environment are preferred
Annual Reviews is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact the Director of Human Resources by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.