About the position:
QR Code Link to This Post
The Disc Jockey will work for a Company that primarily performs at weddings (ceremonies and receptions), corporate events, schools, and private parties throughout the Bay Area of Northern California. A fundamental appreciation of popular music is desirable, but specific experience as a Disc Jockey is not necessary. The Disc Jockey must be professional, friendly, helpful, outgoing, energetic, likable, responsible, organized, and reliable at all times. If you know how to make people happy, we can train you on the rest.
The job is physically demanding. You must be strong and healthy to move and set up DJ equipment.
The Disc Jockey will use equipment exclusively provided by the Company (and to the Company's specifications), including CD and digital controllers, mixers, lights, speakers, and amplifiers. The Disc Jockey works on Saturdays and Sundays, with occasional events on weekday nights. This position can easily complement a regular M-F, 9AM-6PM type job, but you need to have excellent availability on Saturdays, specifically. This is not a good position for a person that already has a very busy life.
Additional preparatory work is often required of the Disc Jockey, such as email communication and meeting clients for consultations. For a typical six hour gig, the Disc Jockey might only "spin" for two hours. That said, the Disc Jockey is paid for all preparatory work, client meetings, and hours worked on the day of the event (usually around 6-10 total hours per function). Extensive training on all aspects of the Disc Jockey position (equipment, selecting music, and public speaking using a microphone) will be provided to all candidates hired.
- Exceptional people skills and friendly demeanor at all times
- Comfortable in public with an energetic, outgoing personality and a clear and strong voice
- Confident working autonomously
- Extremely responsible, reliable, and organized
- Highly responsive to customer emails and phone calls
- Professional appearance
- Sense of humor
- Appreciation of all types of music, including pop, hip-hop, rap, rock, oldies, country, slow, club, Latin, Motown, etc.
- Ability to lift a 60-pound speaker to shoulder height and onto a speaker stand (mandatory)
- Must speak fluent English
- Demonstrated clean driving record and auto insurance policy (to drive our company vehicles)
- 21 years of age or older (occasional parties in bars)
- Ability to download, read, and follow maps
- Proficient with computers, software, and using the Internet
Helpful skills (but not required):
- Familiarity with disc jockey equipment and/or home electronics
- Familiarity with typical wedding functions such as the first dance, cake cutting, bouquet toss, traditional dances, and participation songs
- Handy and technologically savvy
- We specifically encourage candidates to apply that speak Spanish, Cantonese, or Mandarin (in addition to English)
- We strongly encourage candidates to apply that enjoy and are comfortable working in front of people (such as teachers), even if they don't have DJ experience
Part-time, 0-20 hours per week (fluctuates seasonally). You MUST have availability on Saturdays from March-October.
$30-$40 per hour
- Offices are located on the Peninsula, so applicants from this area are generally a better fit for the Company.
- Please understand that this is NOT a full time position.
- If you are not a good fit for the position, but you know a great "people person" that might have interest, please forward this employment opportunity onto them.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION AT THE FOLLOWING WEBSITE:
Thank you for your interest.