As a member of the Customer Support team, you will provide timely support for Bluescape users. This includes answering questions and addressing issues stemming from the deployment and use of Bluescape products.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESULTS
• Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of Bluescape products. This includes the software associated with the Bluescape Service and the hardware that makes up the Bluescape Walls (e.g. - multi-touch monitors, Linux computers, A/V components).
• Use Linux tools to configure and test the computers used to control Bluescape Walls.
• Test pre-release Bluescape products and provide constructive feedback to product management and engineering.
• Effectively communicate with customers via email, live chat, and on the phone to triage issues with Bluescape products.
• Use sound problem-solving skills to determine the root cause of issues customers are facing.
• Write customer facing documentation (aka, knowledge base articles) that describe how best to use Bluescape products.
• Write internal documentation used by the customer support team to assist with triaging customer issues.
• Use Bluescape's chosen CRM tools to track customer issues.
• File product issues for engineering review using Bluescape's problem tracking system.
• Build and maintain positive, collaborative working relationships with Bluescape teams, customers, influencers, and dealer partners to drive organizational goals and objectives.
• Take initiative to stay current on products and company strategies to address customer, client, and partner questions.
BA/BS (or equivalent) in a technical discipline (Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics, etc.)
• Two years (or the equivalent) of customer support, service or operations in a mixed technology environment supporting either a SaaS or Enterprise software application.
• Experience working directly with customers, both in-person and on the phone.
Skills and Knowledge
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
• Fluent with Linux, Windows, and OS X operating systems.
• Proven understanding of Linux systems administration with a working knowledge of process management, network configuration, shell scripting, logging, computer hardware peripherals, protocols like HTTPS, FTP, SCP, LDAP, etc.
• Working knowledge of computer networks: wired vs wireless, static vs dynamic IP, proxy configurations, firewalls.
• Understand SaaS-based technologies.
• Customer focused and team oriented.
• Excellent written communication skills. The ability to write clear, concise documents and emails that have a logical flow, proper sentence structure and grammar.
• Excellent verbal communication skills, both in person and on the phone.
• Good listening skills and the ability to be empathetic toward others.
• Proven ability to multitask, prioritize work load, and execute tasks effectively in a fast paced environment. Having a bias for action.
• Working knowledge of mobile technology platforms.
• Must be comfortable and able to accurately input data pertaining to tracking and management of customer issues and Bluescape hardware assets that include company issued hardware and hardware sold to customers.
• Must be able to lift 50lbs.
Additional Relevant Experience
• Experience using a CRM system like Salesforce.
• Working knowledge of technologies such as JIRA, Kibana, VMWare, SharePoint, Slack, RingCentral.
• Understanding of IT security concepts as they relate to production environments.
• Experience administering SaaS systems like Office 365, Box, RingCentral.
• Experience with administration or operations of gaming or other highly interactive A/V technology.
• Metric and fact oriented.
• Takes Initiative in Business Unit - Demonstrates willingness to take action on problems or opportunities without prompting; possesses intrinsic desire and willingness to push toward achieving desired goal or end-state without suggestion from others; prepares alternatives so outcome is not jeopardized by unexpected barriers; exhibits desire to blaze new trails as means to end.
• Team Orientation - Shows skill and ease at working in groups; works with others to achieve better results and forges close working relationships and alliances to get things done; is quick to cooperate versus expect others to bend to his/her wishes; supports joint ownership and shared recognition for results; recognizes advantages of group participation in planning and problem solving.
• Develops Technical Competence - Seeks to stay abreast of new developments in core competencies and learn enough about related fields to apply knowledge effectively in business; enjoys learning and is intellectually curious; has strong desire to continuously improve knowledge, skills, and abilities; sees learning and knowledge as keys to building skills and abilities essential to job and career success.
• Makes Profitable Recommendations in Contributor Role - Proactively weighs decisions, recommendations, and actions against their impact on bottom-line; looks for options that accomplish what needs to be done without compromising profitability; understands economics of processes used and those of customers; leverages knowledge of business and customer to provide recommendations that are efficient and practical.
• Attention to Detail - Committed to exactness and precision in task completion; identifies, pays attention to, and works to understand details; thorough and consistent in following up at detail level; seeks to become expert in disciplines related to adopted career path to ensure quality and precision in work; takes pride in knowledge base and level of expertise.
• Maximizes Results by Anticipating Obstacles That Could Impede Progress - Able to sort through bureaucracy, complexity, or politics to focus on required results; is not caught unprepared when obstacles are encountered; meets self-imposed standards of excellence by delivering agreed upon results that are straightforward and customer defined.
• Takes Personal Responsibility in Individual Contributor Role - Demonstrates attitude and commitment to take personal responsibility for results, even when in team environment with no authority over others; will step up to fill gaps so results can be assured; avoids excuses as explanations or defending/justifying negative but preventable outcomes.
• Teaching in Structured Setting - Demonstrates commitment to continuous education and training of others as means of increasing their overall competency and productivity; prepares more structured sessions to cover most critical areas of learning for audience; stays on top of information needed by colleagues and customers in effort to serve as resource; takes responsibility for motivating others to learn and retain key information; reinforces what is being taught through periodic repetition; regularly assesses individual and group competencies and routinely addresses them by adjusting training.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by members assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers