SFCU has grown over 11% in assets the last two years, and at $2.5 billion in size, we have an exciting opportunity for a new IT Security Analyst to join our team! We're searching for an experienced, ambitious and knowledgeable analyst to contribute to the success and development of our security program. This is a high impact, highly visible role. SFCU does not provide work visa sponsorship or visa transfers for any positions. Applicants that require work visa sponsorship will not be considered for employment. SFCU does not provide any relocation benefits for any positions.
Please Note: SFCU does not provide work visa sponsorship or accept visa transfers for any positions. Applicants that require work visa sponsorship or transfer will not be considered for employment. SFCU does not provide any relocation benefits for any positions.
Who YOU are:
• 1-3 years of experience in information security (experience in a larger financial institution environment preferred).
• Bachelor's degree (or advanced degree) in the field of information technology or technical discipline preferred (an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills may be acquired is also acceptable).
• Solid understanding of security practices and methodologies, security controls, vulnerability management, penetration testing, and architecture including the use of firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention, encryption, authentication, and other aspects of defense-in-depth.
• Knowledge of FFIEC or NCUA guidelines, GLBA, California S.B. 1386, PCI, and other laws and regulations relevant to financial services preferred.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and prioritize competing priorities, projects and people.
• Extremely deadline oriented
• Strong verbal/written skills and the ability to effectively interface with internal business clients, operations teams, technical engineering teams, internal audit, regulators and senior management.
What you'll DO:
• As IT Security Analyst you will be responsible for monitoring security alerts from various security controls implemented in the environment. You will investigate alerts and respond to incidents as necessary.
• Assist or lead in the selection, implementation and configuration of new security tools.
• Develop and implement incident response plans and playbooks.
• Develop and/or refine security monitoring and response procedures.
• Conduct risk assessments, threat analysis, vulnerability analysis and security controls assessments for the environment.
• Develop plans and implement solutions to mitigate risks in the environment.
• Coordinate with the IT team to determine solutions, priorities and schedules for remediation work.
• Support IT operations and infrastructure teams with the analysis of operational issues related to security controls and processes.
• Assist in the development and execution of firm-wide disaster recovery plans.
• Monitor threat alerts from groups including FS-ISAC, US-Cert, SANS and DHS. Analyze the environment for vulnerabilities and risks related to new threats.
Some of our benefits for YOU:
• Career development opportunities
• 100% paid for employee medical/vision/dental/life insurance premiums
• Quarterly bonuses
• 5% employer 401(k) matching
• Annual 401(k) profit sharing contribution
• Up to $500 per year in health/fitness benefits
• Employee recognition program $ benefits
• 2 weeks of vacation per year
• Federal/banking holidays
• 8 paid hours to serve the community
• Ongoing training and education, seminars, conferences, etc.
• Employee discount loan program (auto/mortgage/credit card depending on eligibility)
• Flex health/transit plan availability
• Employee carpool benefit (for certain geos)
If you are ready for this awesome opportunity (or know somebody who is) please contact us today!