compensation: DOE, Non-Exempt with employer paid health insurance employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
JOB TITLE / PROGRAM :
Bilingual Early Childhood Mental Health Consultant / Early Childhood and Family Intervention Services
40 hours/week, non-exempt/DOE, with Employer paid Health Benefits
Our Early Childhood Services programs strive to foster healthy cognitive, emotional and social development for children birth through age five and their families. Under the direction of the ECMHC Program Manager, the Early Childhood Mental Health Consultant provides consultation to childcare centers and providers throughout San Mateo County and northern Santa Clara County to enhance the quality of childcare services and the accessibility to these services, especially for children with special needs and low-income families. This position includes work as both a mental health consultant and a mental health clinician working with children birth through five, their families, and their care providers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
I. Training Program
• Actively participates in a comprehensive training program that includes individual supervision, administrative supervision and involvement.
• Reads, studies and applies materials presented in the didactic seminar on mental health consultation and child development.
• Prepares process recordings and presents consultation work in clinical case conferences in order to understand appropriate interventions in the consultation context.
• Regularly attends all seminars, case conferences and supervisory meetings.
• May assist with staff supervision based on qualifications and experience.
II. Programmatic consultation
• Observes the childcare setting to become familiar with the program offered to children.
• Meets regularly with the childcare staff and the director to address programmatic concerns.
• Provides consultation to center staff on programmatic issues that affect the quality of care provided to the children, as requested.
• Discusses effective mechanisms of working with parents, as requested.
• Assists staff to build and maintain productive collegial relationships with one another.
• Collaborates with providers and partners (individuals and systems) as needed.
III. Child-centered Consultation
• Provides case-centered consultation to caregivers with questions or concerns about children at the center.
• Observes children in the childcare setting to assess functioning, relationships with caregivers and other children, and “fit” in the program.
• Meets on-site or at home with families to complete assessments, provide developmental guidance and referrals, including linkage to clinical services.
• Meets regularly with childcare staff individually and in groups to discuss individual children.
• Maintains up to date records, charting regularly and accurately.
• Participates in program evaluation efforts.
• Prepares demographic and service data on all site activities.
• Represents the program in the community, as requested.
• Complies with all standards of performance.
V. Position requirements
• Masters degree in social work or psychology and license or license eligible required. A licensed candidate is preferred.
• Bilingual, bicultural Spanish Speaking strongly preferred.
• This position is a field position, and applicants must be comfortable and willing to drive to various points throughout San Mateo County.
• Knowledge of early development and work experience in early childhood education and/or group settings for children.
• Experience with assessment of young children's social and emotional functioning.
• Willingness to engage in self-reflection and participate fully in reflective supervision.
Please email a resume and thoughtful cover letter to Program Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted October 18, 2019
* * *
StarVista is a private non-profit agency in San Mateo County that provides a wide array of free and low-cost services to help children, teens and adults who are dealing with substance abuse, domestic violence, mental health, relationship and communication issues. More information about the agency and its programs can be found at http://www.star-vista.org.
Key words: early childhood mental health consultation, non-profit, San Mateo, Spanish, bi-lingual, early childhood
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers