compensation: 53,000 to 58,000 DOE employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
WHO WE ARE:
Kainos Home and Training Center is an established and well-respected Redwood City non-profit that has been serving adults with developmental disabilities since 1974. Our mission is to assist adults with developmental disabilities in reaching their full potential while helping them become active, contributing members of the community. Kainos provides quality residential, vocational and support services, forming an integrated network of training opportunities.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
You have a passion for social services. You have experience working with people who have developmental disabilities. You have leadership and management experience. You need to be hands on with your program, clients and staff at all times. You are a compassionate and caring person. You enjoy heading a dynamic team. You are a creative thinker, a passionate leader, and have the organization skills required to keep on top of the many moving parts of this position.
Summary: The program manager oversees and takes ownership for all aspects of running a licensed home that serves approximately 12 adults with developmental disabilities. The program manager reports to the program director. The day to day management includes running a team of approximately 8 staff, interfacing with parents, social workers, and other health and human services agencies. The position can be a 24-hour on-call role with responsibilities ranging, but not limited to, client advocacy, coaching staff and clients, activity coordination to facility maintenance. Additionally, you are an integral member of the organization's management team.
• Provides initial orientation and training for new staff
• Actively works to create team harmony and cohesion
• Creates weekly staff schedule
• Oversees staff meetings and provide ongoing training
• Interviews and hires new staff
• Works to implement programming and training that is client centered and driven
• Guides staff as they teach and support clients with activities of daily living
• Stays current with progressive trends in the field
• Takes responsibility for staying within the program budget
• Ensures compliance with all state regulations
• Oversees all aspects of daily health management including administering medications
Liaison With Other Stakeholders
• Works with the Regional Center to support clients
• Assists clients in managing healthcare and health insurance
• Works with Social Security on behalf of clients
• Work directly with clients to support them with all their personal needs
• Train your staff to be able to support clients
• Become familiar and able to train on best practices
• A Bachelors degree, preferably in Social Work or a degree in Gerontology, Psychology or Counseling
• Individuals without a degree, but with appropriate work experiences, may be considered.
• Minimum of two years management experience
• Must be able to pass a criminal records background check
• A valid Drivers License
Generous compensation package includes-
• Competitive salary
• Kaiser Health Insurance
• HSA contribution
• Vision and dental stipend
• Vacation, sick and holiday leave
• Contributions to 403B plan
• Paid sabbatical
Kainos Home and Training Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers