compensation: DOE employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Job Title: Finn Center Visual Arts Manager
Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
Reports to: Finn Center Programs Director
Date: July 2019
The Finn Center Visual Arts Manager is responsible for ensuring high quality art programs for students of all ages at Finn Center. The Manager creates strong course offerings, hires dynamic faculty and evaluates program success. Supervising one part-time staff, the Manager oversees catalog submissions; class scheduling, supplies ordering and art equipment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Create exciting visual arts course offerings relevant to CSMA’s communities
• Monitor enrollment data to meet goals and to plan future offerings
• Oversees daily classes and camp operations.
• Engage regularly with parents and students to build community and to foster long-term relationships with CSMA
• Curate one school-wide art show per year.
• Coordinate art activities for library and open house activities.
• Work in partnership with various CSMA programs to safely and efficiently use facility and storage space
• Manages art program and preschool program to ensure program success.
• Hire, supervise, support and evaluate art, preschool and camp faculty.
• Support faculty in curriculum development, art shows and classroom management.
• Review and approve bi-weekly payroll for Art, Preschool and Camp faculty.
• Participate in annual budget process.
• Meet budget goals for tuition and fees.
• Monitor and approve expenditures to track budget.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• BA or BFA in Art, BS in Arts Education or equivalent experience
• 2+ years of Program Management of experience
• Art background and experience working in an art or educational organization.
• Ability to multi-task in a high-energy environment.
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills; ability to work with diverse cultural backgrounds.
• Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel and G-Suite required; Adobe Illustrator experience preferred.
• Ability to prioritize and work independently.
• Detail-oriented, with excellent organizational skills, analytical skills and problem solving abilities.
To Apply: Please send in cover letter and resume with Art Program Manager as the subject line.
About Community School of Music and Arts
The Community School of Music and Arts is a 501(c)3 nonprofit center for arts education, serving Mountain View, Los Altos, Palo Alto and over 20 other Bay Area communities. CSMA is Northern California’s largest nonprofit provider of arts education programs. With a $7 million budget and 160-member staff and faculty, we are one of the ten largest community schools in the United States.
Founded in 1968, CSMA is dedicated to making the arts and arts education accessible to all, regardless of age, skill level, background or financial means. We are proud that each and every one of our programs are designed to provide the opportunity for meaningful engagement in the arts to those who would otherwise have no access.
Headquartered in Finn Center in Mountain View, CSMA directly serves over 30,000 people through on-site and off-site programs each year. Financial aid, scholarships and program subsidies are available for all CSMA programs.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers