Shutterfly's Creative Group is responsible for the visual and written expression of the Shutterfly brand. Our work ranges from the presentation layer of the website, to designing and directing all merchandising and marketing collateral, from promos to category portal pages. We work closely with the Product Management and User Experience groups on product development projects to assure functionality, consistency and efficiency of the site. We also produce print pieces such as brochures, mailers, posters, and of course logos. And we develop the style and content of the thoughtful design of the products that customers make with Shutterfly.
We are committed to designs that are effective for the business and compelling for the customer.
We are seeking a talented Senior Designer to join our creative team who can work across all aspects of the customer experience. As an experienced individual contributor, a Senior Designer will be responsible for developing strategic designs according to business and brand specifications. The Senior Designer will interact with our internal clients to develop a full understanding of how project and planned needs work to develop a "big picture" of how creative work will connect with the customer.
The Senior Designer supports and contributes to strategies and guides (campaigns, templates, specifications) to facilitate a consistent creative approach to communication. This ranges from the online user experience, to all OM, DM and offline media. The Senior Designer works under direction of the creative lead (Design Director) to ensure a connection between deliverables and strategic goals.
The successful Senior Designer:
· Can communicate both broadly and in detail how their creative approach drives business objectives.
· Can contribute to brainstorms and high-concept meetings to develop innovative designs.
· Is able to work well collaboratively in a team environment, have outstanding communications skills and is able to take direction.
· Is self-directed and can develop focused, high quality design on projects and campaigns. The senior designer will sometimes lead projects and direct Production Designers and contract Designers.
· Possesses expert knowledge of computers and the Internet--including both PC and Macintosh platforms. We want designers who are well versed in all applications for the creation of graphic design. These may include, but are not limited to: Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, In-Design, ImageReady, Macromedia Fireworks, and have an understanding of the basics of HTML and the requirements that HTML places upon design. The Senior Designer can mentor others on enhanced use of tools.
· Has a command of the creative requirements of marketing communications including: advertising, print collateral, logo development, and interactive multimedia.
· Has strong working knowledge of photographic trends and techniques, photo editing, and photo manipulation.
· Leads projects and our creative culture through their experience and example.
· Has an outstanding professional demeanor.
· Has a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design from a 4-year University or College of Art or equivalent and 5-6+ years work experience in this or a related field.
· Has experience working as a senior designer at an ad agency, web design firm, online retail or experience-brand company or a design firm.