favorite this postGraphic Designer (palo alto) hide this posting
compensation: TBD - 3 month contract with possibility to F/T employment type: contract
QR Code Link to This Post
The Learning Policy Institute (LPI) conducts and communicates independent, high-quality research to shape education policies and improve learning for each and every child. Nonprofit and nonpartisan, LPI connects policymakers at the local, state, and federal levels with the evidence, ideas, and actions needed to strengthen the pre-k to grade 12 education system and address the complex realities facing public schools and their communities. Working with policymakers, researchers, educators, community groups, and others who care about improving public schools, LPI advances evidence-based policies that support empowering and equitable learning for all children.
We are currently seeking a Designer for a three-month contract position with the possibility of transitioning to a full-time staff position. For the right candidate, we would consider an immediate full-time position. Applicants should be experienced in the layout, design, and development of reports (including technical reports) and other publications and related charts and graphs. The ideal candidate is a strong visual communicator who understands how to leverage design to convey complex information and solve problems. This contract position will be based in our Palo Alto, CA, office.
• Design and collaborate on the development of publications, including book-length monographs, reports, policy and research briefs, and collateral for print and the Web.
• Conceptualize and create clear and compelling infographics, images, and memes for use across publications, presentations, the web, and social media platforms.
• Provide creative and technical support to ensure clear and compelling PowerPoint presentations.
• Oversee the selection and preparation of photos for publications and the website.
• Curate LPI photos, graphics, and presentations.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in design
• Three to five years of experience in publication and design
• Proficiency with Adobe CS, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
• Exceptional attention to detail in work quality and technical precision
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
Additional Qualifications (preferred, but not required):
• Web and social media experience
• Experience with infographic design
• Video and photography skills
• Highly collaborative with the ability to translate feedback into exceptional creative design
• Committed to continuous learning by seeking, sharing, and applying best practices and team feedback
• Ability to manage multiple projects and work on tight deadlines, while maintaining quality standards
• Outstanding team player and collaborator
• Submit a resume, three work samples, and a cover letter indicating how you think your experience and skills can best contribute to our team. Include when you can be available.
LPI is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The position will be open until filled.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities