compensation: Based on Experience employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
CAREER OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT
Licensed Vocational Nurse or Registered Nurse
The mission of Peninsula HealthCare Connection (PHC) is to promote integrated primary, preventive and mental health care for local community members who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless, regardless of their ability to pay.
Peninsula Healthcare Connection is seeking a Licensed Vocational Nurse or Registered Nurse.
This position involves work in both front office and back office areas of the clinic.
It will require an experienced, focused individual with an ability to be flexible and prioritize tasks related to all aspects of clinic functions.
Duties Will Include:
• Obtain and record vital signs
• Prepare patient for examinations, procedures and treatments
• Assist with examinations, procedures, treatments and minor surgeries.
• Apply bandages and provide first aid care.
• Suture removal
• Prepare and administer oral and injectable medications and immunizations as directed by the physician and permitted by state law.
• Perform phlebotomy and process specimens for transfer to Quest Laboratory
• Perform CLIA-waved tests (strep screen, UA etc)
• Perform EKGs
• Recognize and respond to emergencies
• Prepare and maintain examination and treatment areas
• Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting in person or on the telephone; answer or refer inquiries.
• Answering phones and making appointments using electronic recording system (EPIC)
• Running month-end and occasional ad hoc reports generated from the EPIC system.
• Preparing and sending medical records to other medical facilities, the courts and the State of California.
• Supports patients by answering questions, providing educational feedback and referring to other community service providers when needed
• Maintain the reception area
• Order clinic supplies and maintain inventory
• Manage Medi-Cal billing
• Maintain clinic according to county and state license requirements
• Licensed with the State of California
• Familiar with computerized management information systems
• Working knowledge personal computers, and common software programs
• Must be able to work well under pressure, independently and in a team environment
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both oral and written
• Must be able to multi-task and set priorities appropriately
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving abilities
• Knowledgeable about billing procedures
• Work independently with integrity and minimal supervision
• Interact with patients and providers in a sensitive, empathetic and professional manner
• Exercise sound judgment and make decisions appropriate to scope of authority and practice
• Collaborate with other members of the health care team on an ongoing basis in a professional and proactive manner
• Ability to perform a variety of duties within the scope of the job with the ability to change from one task to another, as necessary, without loss of efficiency or composure
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers