compensation: Compensation to start DOE
employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We are Borel Eye Doctors; a well-established San Mateo private optometry practice (with an easy commute just off of HWY 92), with an opening for a FULL-time Optician. We are asking for a minimum of two years optician experience to join our exceptional team.
Certificates and Licenses: ABOC Preferred but not required
Specialized Training Required:
• Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of patients in assisting with frame selection based on their individual prescriptions.
• Know all aspects of VSP patient care / Eyefinity billing
• Relay and interpret the information obtained from patient insurance authorizations and properly review benefits and availability for services and materials.
• Transcribe doctor prescriptions for patient requests.
• Effectively present information and respond to questions from doctors, managers, patients, customers, and the general public.
• Superior knowledge of Compulink Eyecare Software Program or similar
• Frame adjusting of both metal and zyl materials: manually & hot air warmer & glass beads
• Contact lens insertion and removal trainer
• Ability to use all equipment and instrumentation related to optician position
What do we have to offer?
Benefits include: 100% Medical, Dental & Vision. PTO accrual after 90-days
Schedule is permanent full-time position with a fixed 40 hours per week. Our business hours are as follows :
• Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 9:30am to 6:00 pm
• Thursdays 11:30am to 8:00 pm
• Saturdays 8:30am to 3:00pm.
Your work schedule will include Thursdays and Saturdays, with one weekday and Sundays off.
Compensation Compensation to start DOE. ABOC preferred, and 2 years recent optician experience for consideration.
We are committed to making your job with us the best you have ever experienced in an absolutely fun place to work. If you are interested in what we have to offer, and are the ideal candidate the above job description...we can't wait to hear from you!
Serious Applicants ONLY
Please forward: cover letter and current resume via e-mail or fax: 650-570-7124
No calls please