Are you seeking fulfilling work that gives you the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others? Do you believe in the integration of persons with disabilities into all aspects of community membership? Do you enjoy assisting others in the learning process? Then read on...
Hope Services is the Bay Area's largest non-profit agency, providing a wide array of quality services for persons with developmental disabilities for over 60 years! We are currently hiring Community Support Facilitators to provide support and leadership for clients to participate in activities and receive services in our Community Integration Training program.
Responsibilities of the position:
1. Provide group and/or individual support in the community as identified in the consumer's Individualized Personal Plan.
2. Leads curriculum development and implementation. Assists with job developing, scheduling and staff training.
3. Facilitate and develop activities to build relationships, skills, and experience in the community. Travel with and/or transport client throughout the local community.
4. Develop and expand consumer participation in typical and generic community activities chosen by the consumer.
5. Act as advocate on behalf of consumers served. Develops and implements behavioral support plans for individuals with challenging behaviors and to assure consumer safety.
6. Complete required forms and accountability documentation, incident reports, case recordings, IPPs and other required documentation.
7. Maintain a professional relationship with consumers, family members and appropriate others. Represent HOPE in the community in a professional manner.
8. Acts as back-up to the program coordinator.
9. Leads consumer programming with Center's activities, services, and team of staff.
10. Acts as a mandated abuse reporter.
11. Perform other duties as assigned, to assure efficiency of program services.
High School diploma or equivalent plus two years of related experience working with people with disabilities in a rehabilitation environment, or
Approved combination of experience and education, and
Possession of a valid California Driver's License, a clear driving record and auto insurance.
The ideal candidate must love working with people who have developmental disabilities and understand the rich personal rewards which are inherent to this type of work. The candidate must also possess the following:
1. A belief that all people are valued members of the community.
2. An understanding of the principles of normalization and commitment to community integration.
3. Ability to work independently and cooperatively as a member of the team.
4. Excellent communication and documentation skills
5. Knowledge and understanding of alternative communication systems and assistive technology.
6. CPR and First Aid certification. (Training and certification provided!)
7. Positive and cooperative attitude toward a consumer driven service system working with developmentally disabled adults.
8. Ability to be flexible with scheduling and work in a consumer driven environment
9. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work with a diverse population.
Do you have what it takes to make a difference?
Inspire and be inspired! Hope Services takes immense pride in maximizing our employee engagement. Will you join us??
Winner, 100 Best Places to Work, Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal!
Visit www.hopeservices.org to find out more about us and the people we serve and apply directly on line.
Hope Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetics, sexual orientation or sexual identity. In addition to federal law requirements, Hope Services complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers