compensation: Negotiable based on experience. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Hiring for a full time, salary position at a growing automation equipment startup in Menlo Park.
The Drafter / Engineering Technician will work closely with a team of engineers as they develop automation equipment. You will split your team between CAD and equipment development. While doing CAD work you will be asked to creating drawings, some part designs, and test fixtures. You will be asked to interface with vendors to get parts made. Equipment development consists of hands on assembly and testing of parts for the equipment. You will be required to assemble parts (some large and some small), test how they work, modify them if needed and then test again. There will be times when specific test procedures need to be followed and accurate data collected on the results. We offer lunch 3 times a week and all the produce you can eat.
- Strong skills using solidworks and making drawings using GD&T
- Ability to work with hand tools, power tools, basic manufacturing machinery (drill presses, saws, mill, lathe)
- Knowledge of 3D printing
- Experience running tests in an R&D scenario
- Ability to troubleshoot problems on your own. Must work independently.
- Experience working with hardware is a must. Candidates with only electronics experience need not apply.
- Experience working specifically on automation equipment in the past
- Experience in an early startup setting
- Ability to design and build your own testing jigs/setups/enclosures/etc
Please respond with your resume and a quick note about your compliance with the bullet points above. Thanks.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers