I'm selling my 1970 Mustang because I recently took a new job that requires me to get a more economical vehicle. I have been driving the car off and on over the last couple months knowing I needed to sell it, and it has been nothing but reliable. The car is ready be daily driven, but it has a fairly aggressive cam idle and does not get the best MPG.
QR Code Link to This Post
The car is a factory "H code" (351 car) with the grande trim package that I've owned since 2007. The factory options include factory power disc brakes, deluxe interior, center console, rear defroster (which is relatively rare on 1970 cars), and various exterior accessories.
Since owning the car I have performed the following maintenance and upgrades:
- Blueprinted and balanced 351 Cleveland. This includes: forged internals, ARP hardware, comp cam, long tube headers, rebuilt heads, MSD ignition + coil & wires, edelbrock intake, holley carb, and various other accessories. I recently changed the oil, replaced the spark plugs, and replaced the fuel pump / filter.
- "Street and Strip" C4 transmission. This transmission is very stout and will chirp second and sometimes third gear under hard acceleration. I also recently did a complete fluid flush (~20 quarts) and replaced the filter.
- Factory 9-inch rear end with aftermarket 3.55 limited slip differential.
- The car has been rewired from headlight to taillight.
- Brake master cylinder, front calipers, discs and pads
- Front lowering springs + KYB shocks
- Replaced the entire rear set up with "Grab-A-Track" lowering springs and KYB shocks.
- Line lock
While I have addressed 95% of the drivetrain, the body and interior need to be finished for the car to be complete. There is some usual rust around the rear wheel arches and corners of the doors. The interior is complete but showing its age.
I am open to trades, but am mainly looking for an older SUV with a 6 cylinder (Jeep XJ, 4Runner, Wrangler, etc.).
You can call or text (prefer text) me at 65O-868-3978
I do not need help selling this vehicle.