1977 International Traveler Scout II Diesel Title NO SMOG - $11,000 (half moon bay)
1977 International Traveler
condition: good cylinders: 8 cylinders drive: 4wd fuel: other odometer: 100000 odometer broken title status: clean transmission: manual
QR Code Link to This Post
Hi, up for sale I have a 1977 International Harvester Scout II Traveler 4x4.
It has a diesel title which means NO SMOG needed.
Clean title in hand. Currently on no-op.
The Traveler is a much more rare longer wheelbase version of standard scout. It has a wheelbase of 118” vs the typical 100”
Originally blue and white paint scheme, which must have been gorgeous.
The original nissan sd33 power plant is no longer in it. A previous owner had swapped it out for the 345 IH V8 gas motor.
Here’s a bit of info on how it currently sits:
- Engine: 345 International V8. Was running great when swapped in.
- Transmission: T19 4 speed manual. I also have a spare T19 close ratio trans (that was originally mated to the diesel) that comes along with the deal.
- Transfer Case: Dana 20. Has front and rear driveshafts.
- Axles: Dana 44 disk brake front and Dana 44 drum brake rear.
- Interior: everything should be all there. Some reassembly is obviously going to be involved. Has very good condition original front seats and rear bench.
- Body: over all the body is in very good shape. Has lived away from the coast in the dry for a very long time. It has some minor rust but everything can be very easily addressed. A previous owner has patched the lower quarters in the front of the rear wheel wells. The passenger side wheel arch has the typical rust on the top lip. That’s about it though.
The tub and floors are in very good shape. Removable rear top is in great shape. I have the rear hatch for the top, it’s just not in the pictures. Rear tailgate is also in great shape, just not shown in the picture. I may have another tailgate that goes with it too.
All the glass is in great condition as well.
I would love to keep this and get it back on the road, but other projects and time stand in my way.
It not currently running and driving but it would take very little effort to get it there. A great candidate to do a small amount of work and start driving.
Or, being that it’s a diesel title and needs no smog, it’s perfect to swap whatever drivetrain into it you want. Maybe an LS motor, or Cummins swap it with a 4BT or 12 valve 6BT. The possibilities are endless.
It’s the perfect project and honestly a super rare rig that would be tons of fun to have cruising around town and blasting through mountain trails.
Currently the Traveler is located in Pioneer CA, safe away from the ocean air here on the coastside.
I do plan on bringing it here to Half Moon Bay sometime soon though.
Arrangements can be made to check it out in Pioneer (most likely on weekends) but if someone is serious enough I can trailer it here to the coast, where I live.
I am asking $11,000 obo.
I may be willing to trailer it to its new home if buyer doesn’t have easy access to a trailer or ability to do so. That being we come to the right deal obviously.
Please feel free to call or text me. Calls are generally easier.
Contact info is above in the reply box.
NO EMAILS please.
Thanks for looking!
Key words: project patina surface rust cummins 4bt nv4500 over land over lander overland bronco blazer tahoe 6bt ls lq4 lq9 chevy 1/2ton 3/4ton 1/2 ton 3/4 ton shortbed short box long bed longbed rally ralleye rally eye ih harvester corn binder cornbinder swap motorswap dieselswap
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers