QR Code Link to This Post
Foster City, CA, US
Requisition ID: 2210
Mission and Values
MidPen Housing is a non-profit organization that develops high-quality affordable housing communities, professionally manages the properties in those communities, and provides services to residents. The three affiliated corporations are MidPen Housing, MidPen Property Management Corporation and MidPen Resident Services Corporation.
To provide safe, affordable housing of high quality to those in need; to establish stability and opportunity in the lives of residents; and to foster diverse communities that allow people from all ethnic, social and economic backgrounds to live in dignity, harmony and mutual respect.
We have established a list of core values which guide our work and culture: how we treat one another, our residents and our partners. We believe that upholding these values will help MidPen achieve operational excellence and will create an environment where employees feel valued and inspired to their best work. Our values are Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Excellence (ICARE).
This position is responsible for the accounting duties related to development projects and newly placed in service properties, to meet the accounting needs from project managers, property managers, lenders and various parties.
Your day to day
- Prepare and submit loan draw requests in a timely manner.
- Track project actual costs and funding usages vs. project budgeted and contracted amounts in Job Cost Module and related interface with various applications.
- Prepare analysis of budget, contract, and actual variances, as needed.
- Perform general ledger analysis for the assigned projects, account reconciliations, monthly close and prepare financial statements.
- Prepare cost certification audits and annual audit schedules and work with external auditors to complete audit and tax returns and ensure all are filed within timeline of partnership and other applicable agreements.
- Collaborate with project managers and other accountants to meet company's accounting needs and reporting requirements.
- Review and understand audits and footnotes prepared by external auditors.
- Responsible for analyzing and interpreting financial information as well as accurately compiling and reporting the information for an assigned portfolio of projects.
- Responsible for reading and understanding all compliance and partnership documents, including regulatory and loan agreements, as well as accounting treatment associated with each document.
- Concisely present financial information and appropriately answer accounting questions to management and other users, as requested.
- Ensure all inter-entity transactions are in balance.
- Analyze and clear variances prior to financial reporting close.
- Ensure surplus distributions are ofrectly cfde corcalculated and appropriately distributed.
- Provide ad-hoc reporting, as requested. High proficiency in Excel tools used in analysis.
- Perform other assignments as requested.
What you bring
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or Accounting
- CPA preferred. Applicable GAAP and Low Income Housing Tax Credit knowledge preferred.
- Minimum of three years of general ledger accounting experience required with increased responsibilities.
- Experience in accounting for job costs, real estate development, property rehab or construction, required.
- Experience reviewing and ensuring compliance of regulatory, partnership, and loan agreements preferred.
- Experience using enterprise accounting software and working knowledge of RealPage preferred.
- High degree of accuracy, accountability and consistency produce quality work.
- Ability to multi-task and work with changing priorities.
- Advanced PC applications: Excel, Word, Access, and Outlook.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate with diverse parties and promote department teamwork.
Life at MidPen
When you join MidPen, you join a team of passionate, committed individuals. Whether you work at our corporate office or onsite at one of our communities, MidPen employees help transform lives from day one while enjoying the following full time benefits and perks:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive vacation and sick time accrual, and personal holiday hours
- Long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance and AD&D
- Great work-life balance, including a wellness program
- Free on-site parking
- In-house trainings and external classes supporting professional development
- Company outings and team-building activities
- Financial counseling and generous discretionary retirement contributions
At MidPen, we seek those with good hearts and great minds - those who share our dream of providing affordable housing to all. We are guided by five core values that shape our interactions with our partners, residents, and each other:
- Integrity: We provide accurate, timely information, manage our company resources responsibly, and conduct all aspects of our business honestly and fairly.
- Collaboration: We work as a team that seeks out and honors diverse opinions, ideas, and skill sets in order to achieve common goals. We understand that individual success is linked with our collective success.
- Accountability: We follow through on the commitments we make to one another, our partners, our residents and our communities. We deliver specific, defined results and take responsibility for the consequences of our actions or inactions.
- Respect: We treat our employees, residents, vendors, partners, investors, and the community in which we work with dignity. We welcome social and intellectual diversity and we recognize and value the unique contributions made by our diverse stakeholders.
- Excellence: We set and strive to meet a high standard for quality, professionalism and competence. We create a work environment that inspires extraordinary work, recognizes results, and gives everyone a chance to make a difference and share in the organization's success.
To apply, visit https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=6034ee89-6adc-4637-8e43-76850c78be6c&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=301588&source=CC3&lang=en_US
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency