Human Services Agency
County of San Mateo
San Mateo County's Human Services Agency is seeking a highly analytical, collaborative individual to join our Financial Services Branch as a Management Analyst to perform a wide variety of moderate to complex administrative and finance-related activities. The successful candidate will have experience in public administration and finance, and is a self-motivated, highly analytical strategic thinker with the ability to solve business problems and deliver insights that enable timely and effective operational decision-making.
The Management Analyst will receive direct supervision from the Claiming and Overpayment Manager and will coordinate with Budget and General Accounting on various projects as assigned. The Management Analyst will conduct research and analysis, and is responsible for preparing administrative policies, procedures, manuals, documents and other guidance materials related to financial services and administrative operations.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to:
• Demonstrate a high level of proficient writing and editing skills and be experienced in doing research to prepare administrative policies, procedures, manuals and documents
• Independently and accurately perform complex, analytical and statistical calculations, including the preparation of spreadsheets, budget reports, charts, tables and graphs to illustrate findings
• Communicate concisely and effectively both orally and in writing, and clearly convey complex concepts and formulas to a non-technical audience/readership in staff reports, worksheets, instructions, and in formal and informal presentations
• Review and monitor long-term goals, budget objectives and performance measures, as well as multi-year forecasts of revenues, expenditures and fund balances
• Manage small-to-medium-size projects, or portions of larger projects, and participate effectively on collaborative goals
• Establish and maintain effective work relationships with those contacted in the performance of required duties
• Draft clear and concise communications
• Work under general direction and minimal supervision, budgeting time wisely to meet deadlines and manage work to existing project schedules
A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in business administration, public administration or a related field. At least one year of professional administrative experience is typically required at the Associate Management Analyst level, and at least 3 years for the Management Analyst level. Depending upon assignment, possession of a valid California Driver's License is needed.
NOTE: This is an extra-help, at-will assignment, paid on an hourly basis. Some extra help positions are eligible for benefits under the Affordable Care Act. Extra help employees are not guaranteed permanent status at the end of the assignment.
Final Filing Date: November 29, 2018
To learn more about the position and to apply online, visit our website at http://jobs.smcgov.org. Applications are only accepted online. A supplemental application form must be submitted in addition to our regular employment application form. EOE
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers