A Coax / Fiber Splicer is responsible for splicing new build and/or upgrade coaxial and Fiber cable plant.
QR Code Link to This Post
To apply call 916-708-7800
We are offering a $5,000 hiring bonus.
Excellent Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, and ESOP.
Company vehicle with gas card provided.
All specialty tools provided.
Monthly Safety Award.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Place and install coaxial cable
• Install passive/active devices, pedestals, vaults or coax splice cases
• Splice active and passive CATV equipment
• Rough balance and troubleshoot coaxial cable plant
• Read blueprints, CATV design maps and basic electronic designs
• Operate aerial lift and other related equipment to perform job functions
• Frequently communicate with management on workload status
• Accurately complete all required company documentation for each assignment according to established company standards and procedures (i.e. timesheet, truck report)
• Responsible for assigned company vehicle, tools, materials and equipment
• Perform work in a safe manner and comply with all established company safety policies and procedures
• Perform other duties and tasks as assigned in order to help team complete a project
Required Education and Experience
• Minimum of 2 years' experience splicing aerial and underground coaxial cable
• High school diploma or GED
• Proficiency using related splicing equipment
• Experience reading system design maps, fiber schematics, blueprints and basic electronic designs
• Have a general understanding of RF and Fiber-Optic technologies
• Must possess exceptional organizational skills and be detailed oriented
• Must be able to occasionally move materials/equipment weighing up to 75 pounds
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude and strong work ethic that can provide high productivity with minimal supervision
• While performing this job, the employee will be stand, walk, handle or operate objects, tools or controls
• Work will be performed in an outdoor environment
• Often work will be performed near busy highways and streets
Preferred Education and Experience
• 2+ years of experience splicing Coaxial Cable
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Valid driver's license with a clean driving record - at least 2 years of driving experience
• Ability to pass a drug, background, physical and physical abilities test