compensation: depending on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Work with exciting, innovative IoT technologies! Our client, HydroPoint Data Systems, Inc. is seeking a full-time, full-stack Application Developer to help its customers (and the planet) use water as efficiently as possible. We can consider either a recent grad with Bachelor's in Computer Science for an entry level position, or an experienced .NET developer.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a full time employee position. All work is performed at the company offices in Petaluma CA (35 miles north of San Francisco.) REMOTE WORK ASSIGNMENTS ARE NOT AN OPTION.
LOCAL SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA RESIDENTS ONLY, PLEASE
MUST BE LEGALLY ELIGIBLE TO WORK WITHOUT CURRENT OR FUTURE SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY US COMPANY
The Application Developer will play a key role defining and implementing a robust software architecture
combining IoT and analytics. As part of a small, passionate team, your work here will be noticed,
appreciated, tested, and deployed. The Applications Developer must have initiative, drive, and a strong
The position balances a fast-paced work environment with doing things meticulously and properly;
working independently within highly collaborative integrated teams; creating new code with ensuring it
doesn't break the previous version. The perfect candidate should love solving complex technical problems
across all levels of software architecture, development, and debugging.
Our Tech Stack
• .NET Framework, Windows, IIS
• C#, ASP.NET MVC, Web API, MSMQ, WCF
• SQL Server
• Design, develop, and maintain both new and existing code, ranging from client-side development
Windows services, and ADO.NET for data persistence and retrieval.
• Write readable, extensible, testable code, while being mindful of performance requirements.
• Create, maintain, and run unit tests for both new and existing code, with a goal of delivering
defect-free and well-tested code to QA.
• Work with management to create and adhere to schedules, while maintaining flexibility to adapt to
shifting market demands.
• Translate mockups and wireframes into functioning front-end code.
• Write and maintain documentation for new and existing features.
• Keep up-to-date on best practices and new technologies.
• Rapid prototyping, and presenting conceptual design and working prototypes to management.
• Conduct design and code reviews and collaborate to ensure your own code passes review.
• Work with Product Management to analyze requirements.
• Collaborate on technical architecture and design.
• Version control with Perforce.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- NOTE: We can consider a recent grad with Bachelor's in Computer Science for an entry level position, or an experienced developer with the following experience: -
• Solid understanding of OOP design principles
• Visual Studio 2017, SQL Server 2016
• Remote debugging
• Unit Testing
Good verbal and written English communication skills.
• C#, ASP.NET MVC, Web API
• HTML5, CSS3, Responsive Design
• Understanding of web technology stack, including HTTP, REST, cookies, caching, and asset
• Windows & web services, WCF, MSMQ
• C# and .NET Framework
• Experience with scalable, performant design and architecture
• Working knowledge of SQL and relational databases
• Should be able to read and write basic SQL queries, stored procedures, views, and functions
• ADO.NET & LINQ to SQL
Bachelor's (or Master's) in Computer Science
• Familiarity with AWS
• Installation and deployment (WiX)
• Experience with automated builds and deployment (TeamCity, Docker)
• Telerik & Kendo UI
• Experience with Logi Analytics
• Experience with .NET Web Forms and migrating to MVC
• AWS Lambda, ElastiCache
• Experience with NOSQL databases
TO APPY: Please respond to this posting with your resume, which will send your response directly to J. Hall, Recruiter contractor
Please include your full name, phone number, email address, and your current location.
About the company:
HydroPoint is the leader in smart water management solutions, helping companies to maximize water
savings, reduce operating costs, minimize business risks, and achieve sustainability goals. An EPA
WaterSense® Partner of the Year, the company combines the latest in IoT technology, data analytics, and
automation to optimize irrigation, flow management, and leak detection across an entire site. HydroPoint
solutions deliver visibility and control for a broad range of commercial, government, education, and
community applications. Located in the San Francisco North Bay, HydroPoint has been helping the world
save, and not waste, water for more than 15 years. Our mission is to make the best and most efficient
use of our world's most important resource.
HydroPoint provides a competitive compensation package including salary, incentive stock options,
401(k) retirement plan, paid time off and holidays, and comprehensive health benefits.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers