Worldwise Inc. is an industry leader of smart, stylish, innovative and environmentally responsible pet products. We were founded in 1990 and our pet products are distributed at over 30,000 doors across multiple retail channels throughout the world. Headquartered in Novato, Worldwise has employees in California, Colorado, Texas and Asia dedicated to product development, industrial and textile design, brand management and packaging design.
We are looking for an Import/Export Account Specialist to assist the Oder Fulfillment team.
The Import/Export Account Specialist will be responsible for processing orders for International customers, preparing U.S. export documentation and ensuring accurate execution of export shipments in accordance with terms of sales (Incoterms). This role will also be responsible for reviewing, maintaining and assigning HTS codes. The Import/Export Account Specialist will liaise with customs brokers, internal and external customers, correctly classifying product and effectively meeting customers order fulfillment expectations.
• Receive and process purchase orders for international accounts verifying accuracy of pricing and inventory availability
• Support customers' unique logistics procedures and/or documentation requirements.
• Communicate, coordinate and follow up with production and shipping facilities, freight forwarders and domestic 3PLs to ensure shipments are routed, shipped and received on time.
• Effectively manage expectations of external and/or internal customers with timely communication of purchase order out-of-stocks and any ship-window adjustments
• Obtain and process electronic shipping documents verifying SKUs & quantities to ship confirm and close the order.
• Review and monitor a variety of reports to ensure all purchase orders ship as scheduled.
• Classify and assign HTS codes for new products and maintain the HTS codes in SAGE 500
• Work with our brokers to submit binding rulings to US customs
• Process domestic orders as needed and work with team members to complete department's workload
• Actively participate in process improvement initiatives
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• 3+ years relevant experience in order fulfillment and international trade
• Strong critical thinking, problem solving and time management skills
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
• High level of attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to organize, prioritize, follow-up and meet deadlines
• Intermediate excel skills including the following functions: all basic arithmetic formulas, "count" formulas, "vlookup" formula, sorting and auto filters and pivot table functions
• Familiar with classifying product using the harmonized commodity description and coding system
HIGHLY DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE
• Relevant experience at an importer/exporter, international freight forwarding or customs brokerage company.
• Knowledge of global trade regulations, export administration regulations and customs regulations.
***LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE***
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers