compensation: $15 per hour. employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
The Family and Children's Law Center, a non-profit legal services organization is seeking:
Position: PART-TIME BILINGUAL RECEPTIONIST/LEGAL ASSISTANT POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY. (Must be fluent in both written and spoken English and Spanish)
Hours: MONDAY - THURSDAY 9 AM - 5 PM
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to answer an eight-line telephone system efficiently; screen and direct calls and take detailed messages.
• Ability to effectively communicate in English and Spanish with potential clients inquiring about FACLC services, including obtaining the necessary information to determine a client's eligibility for FACLC services.
• Ability to maintain a computer database; create and organize client files.
• Ability to schedule appointments for qualifying clients with the appropriate service provider and make referrals for non-qualifying clients and callers, and maintain firm calendar.
• Ability to greet people cheerfully on the telephone and as they enter the office, including communication with clients, opposing counsel, opposing parties and court staff.
• Ability to be sensitive to clientele in handling difficult and emotional issues (i.e., divorce & domestic violence).
• Ability to collect client fees and issue detailed receipts.
• Ability to complete daily Court runs to file documents.
• Preparation of correspondence and some legal documents.
• Family law experience is preferred.
• Ability and willingness to provide support to other administrative employees and legal personnel.
• Must have a car, valid CA Drivers License and valid automobile insurance.
• Willingness to complete other tasks as assigned.
A great attitude, sense of humor, punctuality, reliability, the ability to prioritize effectively and meticulous attention to detail are required. This position the requires the perfect candidate to be a quick-thinking self-starter.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers