Anstellungsart: Vollzeit Gemeinnützige Organisation Vergütung: $18.00 per hour
QR Code Link to This Post
Department: Accounting Department
Job Title: Accounting + Admin Assistant
Full-Time: 40 hours per week
$18.00 per hour, non-exempt
Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
(Schedule includes a mandatory 30-minute unpaid lunch break)
The Accounting + Admin Assistant is managed by the Accounting Manager and performs a variety of duties that support the needs of the Accounting, Human Resources, Student Services, and Admissions Departments.
This is a hybrid position in which the assistant will split their day between Accounting and Human Resources duties along with office and facility maintenance. Accounting and Human Resources activities may include but are not limited to processing daily student transactions, general human resources support, and coordinating and communicating with students, the Student Services Manager, and/or the Admissions Department. Office and facility maintenance activities may include but are not limited to managing and scheduling repairs, ordering office supplies, and ensuring a safe and organized work environment.
This position requires a strong understanding of mathematics, payment processing, time management, planning, and scheduling. The right candidate possesses outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills, is reliable, professional, proactive, organized, and detail-oriented. We are looking for a self-motivated problem solver who takes ownership of their work and is comfortable with facility/office maintenance.
Due to the nature of this position, candidates must have a strong work ethic and exercise good judgment while maintaining confidentiality with sensitive information, records, and reports.
Accounting and Human Resources Duties
● Process student cancellations, terminations, leaves of absence, transfers, and returns
● Process student refunds through online credit card system or by check and record in QuickBooks Online
● Process student enrollment contracts and payments upon receipt
● Maintain student payment plan database and monthly credit card processing
● Follow-up with students regarding declined payments
● Take care of monthly invoices and contracts generated by Department of Rehabilitation
● Process all payments via check scanner, credit card, or online bank deposits
● Oversee receipt of sales receipts from all locations, record in QuickBooks, and reconcile discrepancies
● Oversee bill pay, investigate and resolve questionable bills, and record all payments and credit card charges in QuickBooks Online
● Reconcile petty cash, monthly
● Prepare checks in QuickBooks Online for reimbursement of mileage, expenses, and CEUs
● File CEUs in employee personnel file
● Assist with Worker's Compensation and financial audits
● Assist with preparation of 1099s, annually
● Shred old accounting files and file prior year's files at beginning of new year
● Plug holiday hours into TimeClock Plus
● Coordinate employee office moves with direction from HR
● Assist HR with planning onsite and offsite parties, celebrations, and company-wide events
● Assist HR with other administrative tasks and projects including but not limited to job postings, on-boarding and off-boarding, benefits enrollment & maintenance of confidential employee records
● Perform other tasks and duties as assigned
Office and Facility Maintenance Duties
● Manage general upkeep and maintenance of facility (inside and outside) to ensure a safe, clean, uncluttered, and functional work environment for faculty, staff, and students; duties may include:
- General maintenance, such as replacing light bulbs and air and water filters, changing toner, resolving functionality issues with equipment
- Schedule maintenance and repairs with vendors
- General cleaning, such as picking up debris, removing cobwebs, washing and drying dish towels, monitoring and restocking bathrooms
- Ensure facility is clean and in working order for first day of classes and special events
● Maintain office equipment and monitor office and classroom furniture for wear and tear; coordinate repairs, replacement, and removal; communicate changes with staff and coordinate new equipment trainings as necessary
● Manage contracts with copier, postage meter, and cleaning companies; call if service was unsatisfactory & schedule deep cleanings
● Order & stock office, facility, and classroom supplies
● Address staff requests regarding office and classroom needs
● Manage classroom rental inquiries and contracts
● Manage sale of furniture we no longer use (e.g., via Craigslist); handle all inquiries and receipt of payments
● Manage and fulfill Amazon orders
● Oversee online store, process online orders, package and ship orders
● Run errands when appropriate such as recycle batteries, used toner & light bulbs, purchase office supplies, food for birthday celebrations, etc.
● Provide year-end inventory to Accounting Manager
● Perform other tasks and duties as assigned
● Knowledge of basic bookkeeping procedures
● Proven ability to calculate, post, and manage accounting transactions
● Strong math skills and the ability to spot numerical errors
● Experience with QuickBooks Online a plus
● Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, advanced knowledge of Excel and formulas
● Experience with Google Applications & Gmail a plus
● High degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and analytical skills
● Logical approach to problem solving
● Solid verbal, written, listening, organizational skills
● Knowledge of facility maintenance a plus
● Experience with customer service via phone and processing customer payments
● Ability to stay calm and professional when speaking with customers
● Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information
● Clean DMV record and valid driver's license
Employee Benefits Starting on the First Day:
- Paid time off (based on actual hours worked)
- If an employee worked 40 hours a week for a year, the employee would accrue 80 hours of paid time off during the first year of employment.
- 9 paid holidays
Employee Benefits After Successfully Completing The 90-day Introductory Period:
- 1 paid floating holiday, per calendar year
- $75 per month contribution towards a 403(b) retirement fund, medical, dental and/or vision. Contribution goes up to $100 per month at the 2 year mark
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed within this job. This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the position and not a comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. Other duties, as assigned might be part of the job.
This job description does not constitute an offer for a specified length of employment and does not constitute an agreement or contract for employment. Accordingly, either employee, or Bauman College can terminate the relationship at will, with or without cause, at any time, so long as there is no violation of applicable federal or state law.
Qualified applicants can apply by emailing us your cover letter and resume.
Nur Chefsposten. Anwerber, bitte nicht dieses Jobangebot kontaktieren.
KEINEN Kontakt zur Übermittlung von Diensten oder Angeboten