compensation: $26-$29/hour based on experience and qualifications employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Generation Housing is seeking a passionate, responsible, and hardworking team player to join the team to manage the agency’s communications and marketing. This is a full-time (40 hours/week), non-exempt position that reports to the Executive Director.
The Communications Coordinator is a key member of Generation Housing, managing all aspects of communications and marketing efforts, maintaining an external communications calendar and prioritizing communications to key audiences.
The Coordinator reports to the Executive Director and works closely with marketing contractors, web designers, and other members of the Leadership Team.
● Conceptualize and carry out communications and marketing projects such as videos, annual reports, campaigns, brochures, slide decks, one-pagers and the like, often working with external vendors such as designers, printers, videographers, photographers and web developers
● Review and edit materials developed across the organization to ensure a consistent voice and tone throughout the organization’s communications
● Develop voice guides and trainings for staff on communications and communications tools
● Develop printed, electronic, and oral communications for annual events
● Manage all aspects of regular and special events, including promotion, logistics, follow up, run of show/script development, etc.
● Communicate with Generation Housing partners and engage them to share and lift up the organization's digital content and actions
● Communicate with a variety of people (renters, developers, teachers, etc.) to gather stories and develop them for use across all communications channels
● In collaboration with the Policy & Advocacy Director, develop strategies for engaging the #WeAreGenH Action Network and implement advocacy opportunities
● Create, implement, and manage an overarching social media strategy including regular monitoring, tracking against goals, scheduling, content creation, posting, community engagement and community management; working with outside vendor as needed
● Produce regular e-newsletters and online actions to Generation Housing subscribers and track results against goals
● Update Generation Housing website and draft new web pages and templates as needed for events, policies, and campaigns
● Sets up and executes paid social promotions or online message testing; working with outside vendor as needed
● Keep track of news and trends in the field of housing and community development in Sonoma County and California
● Pitch stories or statements from Generation Housing to the media to put forward the organization's message and position the organization as a thought leader; working with outside vendor as needed
● Coordinate response to media requests and help schedule interviews with Generation Housing spokespeople; working with outside vendor as needed
● Maintain and develop new earned media relationships with journalists and reporters and be a housing resource to them
● Other duties as assigned to assist the team as necessary to pursue Generation Housing’s mission
● The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field (such as Journalism, Public Relations, or Communications) or experience in Communications, Marketing or Public Relations, preferably in a nonprofit organization
● Spanish speaking is required, fluency and translation experience preferred.
● Bilingual/bicultural preferred.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must: Select candidates will be asked to submit a writing sample.
● Experience with WordPress, Adobe, Canva, Salesforce, Asana, Constant Contact, Zoom, and Slack is desirable. As well as various social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tweetdeck, YouTube, Reddit, Nextdoor, etc.
● Interest in affordable housing, nonprofit communications, and/or social justice or a willingness to learn about the affordable housing field is highly desired
● Must be a team player, while able work well under minimal supervision, and manage competing priorities
● Must be flexible, nimble, and able to work effectively under pressure
● Excellent computer skills including proficiency with the Microsoft Office and Google Suite of software (especially Word/Docs and Excel/Sheets), online research, and basic troubleshooting
● Strong computer and networking literacy and ability to learn new programs and platforms
● $26-$29/hour based on experience and qualifications
● This is a full-time non-exempt position
● Generation Housing offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; vacation and sick time; 12 paid holidays; a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan and employer match; and a parking or public transit stipend
• Please email a resume and cover letter and indicate “Communications Coordinator – YOUR NAME” in the subject line of the email
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities