compensation: $150.00 per Weekend shift plus $21.63 per hour for weekly meeting employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Job Title: Bilingual (Spanish) Weekend Hotline Emergency Services Advocate
Hours: This is a 48- hour weekend shift, from Saturday 9 am – Monday 9 am, every
weekend plus one-hour meeting on Tuesday’s, 1-2 pm
Compensation: $150.00 per Weekend shift plus $21.63 per hour for weekly meeting
Date of Hire: Immediate
CENTER FOR DOMESTIC PEACE is a nonprofit organization, in existence now for 42 years, working at the county, state, and national level to end domestic violence. Center for Domestic Peace (C4DP) serves women, men, and youth who have been, and/or who are at risk of being, abused and/or battered, or who have perpetrated, and/or who are at risk of perpetrating, abuse, bullying, and/or battering. C4DP’s programs helping children, teens, women, and men to live violence-free lives include: 24-hour hotlines; emergency shelter; transitional housing; support groups; legal advocacy; school programs; community prevention and education projects; professional continuing education programs; corporate, state, and nation-wide trainings; leadership development programs; and resource identification. For more information, visit our website at www.c4dp.org.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The Bilingual (Spanish) Weekend Hotline Emergency Services Advocate position reports to the Manager of Emergency Services. This position is responsible for the following:
1. Answer Hotline calls from Saturday 9:00 am to Monday, 9:00 am every weekend. May be completed off-site.
2. Provide initial phone screening and assessment with eligible callers requesting shelter.
3. Provide phone counseling, advocacy, domestic violence education, information, resources and support to callers requesting assistance.
4. Track all Hotline interactions in Salesforce database.
5. Assist Domestic Violence Assessors and others seeking to connect victims to C4DP.
6. Attend a weekly Hotline Meeting held on Tuesday’s, 1:00 – 2:00 pm.
7. Assist Manager of Emergency Services with data entry and maintaining files for Division of Emergency Services.
8. Fulfill special projects and other duties as assigned by Manager and/or Director of Emergency Service.
1. Fluent bilingual in Spanish, both written and oral.
2. Computer skills: comfortable with word processing and data entry; familiarity with Microsoft Office 2010 suite.
3. Must have access to a computer during hotline shift.
4. Completed Center for Domestic Peace 40-hour Domestic Violence Advocate Training (can be completed after hire).
5. Completed Center for Domestic Peace Domestic Violence Counselor Certification (can be completed after hire).
6. Minimum of 1-3 months experience as a certified Domestic Violence Counselor.
7. Understanding of the peer support model and Center for Domestic Peace’ feminist analysis of domestic violence.
8. Crisis intervention skills.
9. Demonstrated knowledge of Marin County community resources.
10. Resourcefulness, flexibility, self-motivation, and ability to inspire enthusiasm and participation.
11. Valid California driver license, access to vehicle during working hours, and auto insurance, with liability minimum of $100k (per person)/$300k per occurrence.
12. Background check and clearance through DOJ Live scan fingerprinting required.
CENTER FOR DOMESTIC PEACE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
We are committed to employment policies and procedures assuring all qualified persons are accorded equal opportunity for employment, promotion and training.
Submit current resume with a cover letter.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers